hey guys, i just recently updated my bb 8320 to OS 4.5. Yesterday my phone started shutting off by itself. I was just wondering if u guys knew y my BB is doing that. Also every time my phone get low on battery to where the battery turns red the radio antenna turns off so i cant makes calls or anything and i get a message that say battery is too low for the radio to work. Is this normal because my BB did not do this before the update.
    07-28-09 08:39 PM
    The two problems are probably related. It is normal for the BB to turn the radio off to conserve on battery power when the battery gets very low.

FYI you should try to avoid draining your battery to such low levels. It certainly isn't recommended to fully discharge your battery before charging it (old school). In fact do it often enough and your battery will die a quick death.

You may need a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:47 PM
    So my bb started screwing up alot this weekend. It seems like the phone is eating by battery or something. Ive noticed that as soon as my battery drops down to 3 bars the phone will shut off and it wont turn back on. At first when it started doing this i used to take the battery out n then put it back in so it could work but now it wont turn on unless its being charged or has a full charge.

Do you guys think it could be my battery or the phone itself.
    Also the battry was a little pinkish sticker with red x's on it. i was wondering if its suppose to have the red x's on it or not.

thanks
    08-02-09 11:46 PM
    My guess you have a bad cell in your battery and it's causing it to freak out.

The red X's is normal. If the battery gets wet those x's "smear" into a more solid pink surface. That indicates water damage. If you can clearly see your X's then you should be fine.

If it's under a year I'd contact T-Mo (Retail first would probably be your best bet) and try to get a new battery.
    08-02-09 11:50 PM
    I have the same problem and bought a brand new battery with a solid red line on the back. The battery i replaced had those xxxx in red.

My phone will turn on and as soon as it sets up (about 3 mins) my main page comes up and the phone turns off then starts up again and does this continuously.

I think my phone is dead. Would like to know a fix for this problem!!

Please let us know how your resolve your issues...
    08-23-09 05:56 PM
    Take the media card if you have one and see if it still shuts off.
    08-23-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD