even though i have peoples names and numbers listed in my address book and on my sim card, when a call is made to my phone from such a person instead of showing there name it just shows the 8 digit tel number. please help...

i have tried the smart dialing suggestions which did not work.

can someone please help////////
    05-15-08 05:33 AM
    The Blackberry is pretty litteral in the way it recognises incoming phone numbers.

Look carefully at the number as it comes in (Country code+area code+number) is the most likely. If your entry in Address Book does not match this exactly, it won't display the name.
    05-15-08 08:39 AM
    The Blackberry is pretty litteral in the way it recognises incoming phone numbers.

Look carefully at the number as it comes in (Country code+area code+number) is the most likely. If your entry in Address Book does not match this exactly, it won't display the name.
    I am having the same issue, and I'm not convinced that it has to do with how BB understands the address book entries. the call lag correctly identifies all the incoming calls, but when the call was actually ringing, the display was only showing the number. I would like to hear if the original poster had the same experience. I am able to make the CID show up if I restart the device by removing the battery, but after a while, it wont show the names again.
    09-22-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD