The bolded applications have to do with custom permissions being set for the application, doesn't have anything to do with the app running or not. It said so in the original thread where it was discussed.

Just
    use the hold Alt, press escape key method to check if any programs are running other than the 5 that are supposed to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well?????? I dont know. There actually might be something to the applications that are in Bold. I say this because I checked mine and sure enough my tv, and two others were bold. I figured there HAD to be a reason those 3 applications were in bold and the rest werent.

I checked the permissions, tried changing them to see if it made a difference. Sure enough the first one was no longer in bold font. So that told me that I turned something off w/that application, but what? And would it affect my battery?

I went to help and was reading about firewalls & third party applications, and read about how there are firewalls & how you can re-set your default settings to make sure these 3rd party applications arent sending, receiving data from your phone w/out your knowledge. You are supposed to get a consent notice before they do. So... I went back & reset the permissions on all 3 of the highlighted applications and sure enough all 3 were no longer in bold. Now, all applications in the list were regular font. Still not sure if it would make any difference in my battery. ???

Plugged my phone in the car charger & for the FIRST time ever, my phone jumped a whole 25% charge within about 10-15 minutes. Tonight will be the big test. I'm going to charge it all night and then tomorrow we'll see if the battery last's longer. I'll post up tomorrow & let you all know.
    01-12-09 08:57 PM
    Oh and someone asked how long the battery should last, I have 2 friends with this phone. One only has to charge her phone every 2 days & she talks alot. The other friend is a BIIIIG texting ***** (100-200 a day) & she said she only charges every day & half. That's how I knew something was wrong w/my situation.
    01-12-09 09:00 PM
    Does your battery last longer if you are at home all day? How is your signal at work?
    01-12-09 09:57 PM
    Does your battery last longer if you are at home all day? How is your signal at work?
    Hmm, that's a good question. Since it dies so quickly, when Im at home, I always keep it on the charger, so I wouldnt know how the battery drains at home versus at work. However, my signal is good at home and at work.
    01-13-09 09:48 AM
    Ok, so I took my phone back to sprint last night & got a new one and now I dont have the battery drain. The manager helped me & he said that if a new battey didnt fix the problem then it's just a lemon phone.

He also said the curve 8330 doesnt have many battery problems, so if anyone else out here is going through what I did & you've tried every thing, including a new battery & it still doesnt help, then it's just your phone.

K-
    01-14-09 01:11 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD