Hi everyone! Ok, my sister has the 8320 and her battery won't stay charged. She'll fully charge it in the morning and she'll talk on the phone for an hour and her phone will just shut off. When she turns it back on her battery will only be about 15-20%. In my opinion, she needs a new battery but i'm not sure so I was wondering if anyone else could help me out. Thanks!!
    04-15-10 08:18 AM
    How many Apps are running.
    Although i dont see how one hour would get it that far.
    its like having wifi, bluetooth, 3 gps programs and 5 brickbreaker games open at one time.
    then it will die in an hour
    04-15-10 10:33 AM
    That's what is really weird, the only apps she has open are the ones that have to stay open which are the home screen, browser, messages, and phone. She said one minute she had 80% battery, talked on the phone for an hour during which it just randomly shut off on her and when she turned it back on she had 15% battery left. Do you think there is something wrong with the battery? She did a battery pull after this happened and it didn't work
    04-15-10 02:07 PM
    I would Maybe think so.
    Is the phone getting exessivly hot while she is using it,
    is it a used phone?
    If the battery gets hot many times during the time its used, the overal battery life goes down.
    04-15-10 02:13 PM
    This post is a failure - My bad
    04-15-10 02:14 PM
    She said its not hot when she uses it, and i bought the phone brand new from tmobile around September 2008. Do you think she should just by a new phone?
    04-15-10 02:19 PM
    If it doesnt cost then i would try to ask CS what happened.
    Or you could try extra battery then ask CS
    because hey, Who doesnt want extra batteries?
    04-15-10 02:24 PM
    Thanks, i'll tell her to do that, the only thing is that if she does have to buy a battery, they are pretty expensive right? Would she be better off getting a new phone? Tmobile doesn't even carry the 8320 anymore
    04-15-10 02:30 PM
    stock battery for the 8320 is only $20.
    04-15-10 04:01 PM
    Are battery on eBay from Asia trustworthy? (i guess nobut still..)
    04-18-10 08:35 PM
    Battery is probably worn out. Had to replace my Curve's at 14 months, almost to the day. It showed fully charged, but was causing numerous issues, freezing, large drops, etc. If you have an equipment protection plan through T-Mo, they may replace it at no charge, as Sprint did with mine. They tested, then replaced it on the spot.

It's worth a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 08:44 PM
    Batterys for blackberrys are cheap on ebay. And if she is with u.s cellular she can just swap the battery for free. But sometimes its not the battery because I just got me a new battery for my curve 8330 and its still not stayn charged. Its doin exactly what your sisters is doin.. Oh well I guess I have to wait till december for my contract to expire:/
    Thanks, i'll tell her to do that, the only thing is that if she does have to buy a battery, they are pretty expensive right? Would she be better off getting a new phone? Tmobile doesn't even carry the 8320 anymore
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD