Hi i have a Curve 8320 and since OS 4.5 the msg "battery too low to use the radio" appear but with 5% of battery but now im getting that msg with 15% since a couple of days ago :s i have the Radio On app but is annoing, it is normal??
    04-28-10 03:42 AM
    How old is the battery? I'd guess your battery is dying slowly but surely, especially since you let it as low as 5 and 15%. Forcing the radio to stay on makes it even harder on your poor battery.

Don't let your battery run down low enough to have to force it to keep the radio on. Charging it when it isn't low will not hurt anything. The opposite is true though, not charging the battery and letting it get low regularly will shorten its service life.
    04-28-10 03:56 AM
    I wondered that about the battery. Way back when I heard that you wanted to run the battery all the way down before charging the first couple of times. I guess that's not the case anymore?
    04-28-10 10:17 AM
    I wondered that about the battery. Way back when I heard that you wanted to run the battery all the way down before charging the first couple of times. I guess that's not the case anymore?
    Correct, that was old school battery usage, about two generations of battery technology ago.

NiCad batteries needed to be discharged fairly low before charging because they had memory effect. Nickel Metal Hydride batteries were next, they had no memory effect. Then Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries are with us now, again no memory effect, so charge away anytime, it doesn't effect your battery service life. It is better for these newer technology batteries to get charged frequently (topping off) than it is to let them discharge to very low levels.
    04-28-10 02:44 PM
    Thanks. I'm a little slow with technology. I'm just now getting into online banking.
    04-28-10 02:52 PM
    Ok thanks i think is dying too today i unpluged the phone from the charger at 11am and with low use and a little Ubertwitter(battery hog?) now at 10pm is in 15% with the msg "too low to use..." weeks before can make almost 24hrs completely without recharge :/ thanks for the tips!
    04-28-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD