Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

i dont think i have ever posted on this site and my last visit was 25 Aug 2010 at 02:08 AM

I recently acquired a blackberry after having an iphone for the longest, and what do you know I dropped the phone the day i got it...

long story short after saying a short prayer i smacked the crap out of the phone as suggested...got the same battery with red line.

dropped it...same

got frustrated and smacked it a couple of times really hard, plugged it in and it booted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB Bold 9700
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Awesome sauce

I have never owned a Blackberry. My girlfriend is a blackberry user, but she's not too tech savvy, and when this happened to her BB Curve she took it to Verizon where they told her it was broken and not the battery as they tried several batteries on it. Disparaged, she bought another one leaving all of her precious contacts locked away inside the bricked BB Curve.
    I happen to be pretty seasoned at trouble shooting issues like this and wanted to help her get back the contacts she had lost. I stumbled upon this and was in total disbelief that this could actually work, but after so many confirmations, and an otherwise bricked Blackberry, I convinced her to let me give it a shot.
    This flat out works. I don't know why but it does. Just a nice solid four foot drop, squarely onto it's back. This is the most hilariously satisfying fix ever. Thank you for figuring this out. I will probably never post here again as I'm an android user, but you guys have a great community and I couldn't not thank you for finding this fix!!
    I <3 Forums,
    Jimmy Joe
    CrackBerry Newbie

The wife had the same battery warning on her 9700 after it run out of batteries today, dropped it and it started up again, thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Lightbulb Last Day of 2011.. Last hope!!

Well, I tried everything I could think of.. I went to my local phone shop. The lady there even checked the Blackberry Forum. No luck... Then I remembered how useful this little old site called Crackberry had been before... and lo and behold first link .... Hmmm... my poor Blackberry Well.. at the moment it is dead anyway.... 3 foot off the floor onto a carpet... can't be any worse than not having a Blackberry since Christmas day! And when I dropped it and the little eggtimer started turning I started laughing histerically!... THANK YOU!!!! I have told my boyfriend (and yes he did laugh and say if that is how I treat the gifts he gives me... ) and my dad. So I'm spreading the word, because brutal or not it works and that is all that matters when you're having Blackberry withdrawal symptoms.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default DROPING while rebooting WORKS!!

I could not belive when my new BB after 3 weeks using is not swiching on giving me sign of empyt baterry crossed out with red lines, wtf??!!
    I was reading that formum serching for some tips, already used taking out battery, cleaning gold joints of battery ( even there was nothing to clean after 3 days of using).
    I was using Nokia chrger couse I am out for xmas, think that might toested my BB.

TO THE POINT, I was reading each post saiyn that droping while rebooting (taking out the baterry for apr.2 minutes, putingin and drop) works, I could not belive it but as I had no choice I tried it several times, at the begining with low hight, then from the high of my head and guess who, IT GOES ON with white light what a suprice!!

Thanks a lot!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default battery maked with red X

thank for your post, i ttried it and it worked.

don't bother yourself, just gently drop the fone on the floor and that's it.
    i just did after reading a thread here and it worked. thanks to all that help others by posting their experiences.
    CrackBerry Newbie

just drop the phone on the floor gently and that is the solution. (this may be hard to believe, but just try it)
    CrackBerry Newbie

MANY THANKS FOR Leonitan

Quote Originally Posted by Leonitan View Post
    100% FIXED
    I then read about the dropping it technique. I tried it different ways, with the battery in, without it...here is the "tech data" on how to fix it...
    1. Put the battery in. This will cause the phone to automatically try to boot up (turn on).
    2. Before it displays (or after I didn't wait that long, so just do it before for times sake) the battery with a red line through it, drop it from about 3-4 feet.
    3. In my case, the rotating hour glass was displayed and the phone works like a charm.
    Also a story that will make you say wow...dropped my phone (Pearl 8120) in the snow mid-January. Couldn't find it. Two days ago I was getting into my car
    and saw someone pick up a phone from the grass outside the apartments. I said "Hey! Thats mine!" It still powered on but was kind of messed up, speaker
    was really quiet, buttons not working...etc. I gave it one day and it works perfectly fine, didn't lose any data/memory, and speaker is awesome. So basically it spent a month under the snow/water and still works. Wow, what a phone. And actually before that I dropped it in a sink full of water. Still works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just wanted to say

a) This worked for me (dropping, and once even blowing worked, although dropping about three feet onto the carpet seemed to be the most reliable). I guess ill just have to avoid resetting the device (and keep it charged)! Bit dodge

and

b) How do you permenantly fix this? Is it a motherboard issue, to do with the contacts, or the battery, or is it just some weird BB design flaw? Like would it be worth me getting a new battery?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default magic

i had this same issue and you guys solved it.
    there is a saying in my country that ghosts need to be kicked out and not coaxed out.
    this is an example
    just put it down twice and abracadabra its working.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345