I was curious if anyone has purchased a large battery for your blackberry curve 8330 and if so how much longer does it last? My factory battery only lasts about 12hrs (dead by night time). And will a charging pod work with extended life battery too? How do those work anyways, like what part of the phone needs to touch it to charge? Wondering about my case and using a charging pod, will I have to remove it every time to charge?
    Any help would be great! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 01:08 AM
    Can't help you with the extended life battery part of the question, but I do know that yes, you will have to remove your case in order to use the charging pod. They charge via the little gold ports on the back of your phone and the case will cover these. The case wouldn't fit into the charging pod, anyway; it's designed for just the phone.
    09-21-09 01:53 AM
    The charging pod connects via the two copper "tabs" located on the back of your curve, by the button to remove the back cover.

I'm pretty sure the extended battery won't fit into the charging dock. It will make your BB too thick to fit.

As to the life of the extended battery, I don't know. I'm sure someone will post an answer in a few hours.
    Last edited by monkeee2002; 09-21-09 at 01:57 AM. Reason: two seconds too slow... dangit!
    09-21-09 01:55 AM
    It's not just the extended life, but increased power to the system you will like. The stock battery is under the maximum for the device, so you will see an stronger vibration, louder sound, and faster processing. The length of service is not equal to the amount of increase in power, but it will increase. A charging dock definitely won't work. The seidio battery is the highest capacity you can buy, and priced like it. Most would find the one I link bellow quite adequate.

High Capacity Battery For RIM BLACKBERRY Curve 8320 Extended with back cover Li-ion 1900Mah - Curve 8320
    09-21-09 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD