The other day I noticed my phone didn't have the highspeed acronym, EV. Also, I noticed there was only a '1x' on the upper left of my screen. I called Verizon and they made me pull my battery while the phone was on to reset the phone. They said that this pushes the information through and that it is recommended that the battery be pulled at least once a week. Any one have any input on this? And why is the battery life so crappy when I don't talk and usually only text? The other day I watched my battery life go from 85%-70% in five minutes when I didn't even use my phone. What's going on with that? I also read somewhere that you should never let the battery drain completely a lot. What is a good percentage to charge the battery?
    Last edited by TeKnEeK; 07-13-09 at 12:46 PM.
    07-13-09 12:30 PM
    Even though you are not talking on your phone, there is constant activity that uses your battery. This includes the cellular and bluetooth (if on) radios, data activity, and if you have apps that running the background they may generate data as well as consume the battery. I'm guessing that the original part of your posts means a weak cell signal is available which means your BB uses more power to boost it's signal.

Check the running apps hold the alt key and hit return to bring of the list. There are 5 standard apps that always run, plus any 3rd party apps you are using.

As for pulling the battery, I do it every day using an app called QuickPull. It has a scheduler so you can set your BB to reboot at a time when you won't be using it.

I charge my battery overnight every night. Can usually get 2 days use out of it, but I never let the charge go below 50%.
    07-13-09 12:42 PM
    What are the 5 standard apps that should always be running? And does anything get affected when you pull the battery? Like performance or damage to the phone or battery?
    Last edited by TeKnEeK; 07-13-09 at 12:48 PM.
    07-13-09 12:46 PM
    browser, bbm, call log, home screen, messages
    07-13-09 12:48 PM
    weird, alt + return brings up my mailbox
    07-13-09 12:56 PM
    Are you holding the alt key? If you let go it will switch to the next app which is probably your mailbox.
    07-13-09 01:15 PM
    What are the 5 standard apps that should always be running? And does anything get affected when you pull the battery? Like performance or damage to the phone or battery?
    A battery pull will not damage your phone. Performance can be enhance by cleaning up your memory.
    07-13-09 01:16 PM
    i pull the battery alot (annoying actually)
    07-13-09 01:18 PM
    Charging the phone on or off, does it even matter?
    07-13-09 01:40 PM
    i pull the battery alot (annoying actually)
    get the app quickpull that way you wont be pulling it manually
    07-13-09 01:41 PM
    Charging the phone on or off, does it even matter?
    No it does not.
    07-13-09 01:45 PM
    get the app quickpull that way you wont be pulling it manually
    What exactly does this app do? Does it just restart the phone itself when you choose to do it?
    07-13-09 02:21 PM
    It simulates a battery pull without having to remove the battery. V3 includes a scheduler for day of week and time of day as well as a battery meter to reset if your memory drops below a set level. You can also do a manual reboot.
    07-13-09 02:24 PM
    What exactly does this app do? Does it just restart the phone itself when you choose to do it?
    pretty much. It simulates a battery pull. You can either run the app when you want to do a pull or schedule a daily time for the app to run (or both). I personally have the app run at 145am every day so it doesnt interrupt anything and it keeps the performance up.

I <3 quickpull
    07-13-09 02:27 PM
    Are you holding the alt key? If you let go it will switch to the next app which is probably your mailbox.
    yes I am, i tied it both ways
    07-13-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD