Had to get assistance with a missing browser button and the Verizon Rep had me push the ALT and SHIFT (the one on the Right hand side) along with the delete button.

I asked her what it did and was told it the same as a battery pull!

No longer have to remove my outer box hard case!!
    Nice!

Hamtown
    11-06-09 03:54 PM
    I personally find that it doesn't always do the trick, it sometimes just boots the device right back to where it left off like nothing happened, thats just in my experience though.
    11-06-09 03:59 PM
    Look for an app called Quick Pull. It does the same thing as a battery pull without having to actually yank the battery. The lite version is free.
    11-06-09 04:11 PM
    The alt+right shift+del is called a three finger reset. This is close to a battery pull but does not fully simulate a battery pull. Quick pull also comes very close but nothing beat a true battery pull.
    I have found with quick pull that depending on the theme it may cause an error on reboot. When this happens you need to switch to a stock theme do a battery pull and then switch to the theme you desire.
    11-06-09 04:18 PM
    If you do the alt shift procedure it does restore memory. If you do it once and then again when your screen turns white(I believe) it will do a hard reset or the same as a battery pull.
    11-06-09 04:52 PM
    Thanks for the clairification folks!
    11-09-09 11:39 AM
    i tried the alt cap del, double alt cap del, and battery pull

all 3 methods gave me the same amount of free memory. which leads me to believe that they all do the same thing
    11-10-09 02:59 AM
    If you use QuickLaunch, there is an something you can add as an application called Reset Device and that definitely simulates a full battery pull.
    11-10-09 05:56 AM
    I like Quick Pull Pro as it allows you to set a reset schedule. Mine is set to reset @ 5:00am (1/2 hour before my alarm) every day. Just one thing I don't have to remember to do. There is also a reminder to reset should the available memory fall below 20MB, 30MB or whatever level you choose.
    11-10-09 06:06 AM
    Restart Me works for me
    11-10-09 07:31 AM
    I have noticed that quick pul brings up a menu screen after it reboots your phone. I also have a white screen behind this menu screen. Anyone else have this problem?
    11-10-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD