Any difference between battery pull and alt shift del

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 10:37 AM
    Ive seen some debate recently, this what Ive read, and been told

Soft reset - alt, shift and del.

Hard Resets, same as above, when screen lights up, do it again - Ive ALSO been told this is as effective as a pull,

Some member use this to refresh thier berry, however sometimes a pull is required for a freeze up or whatever.

A hard reset, or a pull is like a reboot for your PC essentially.
    12-23-08 10:43 AM
    I never debate the merits of either, but I personally prefer to do a hard reset to release file free memory. I did a side by side comparison a few months ago and found that a reset released as much memory as a battery pull. But I will do a battery pull if my device acts up and freezes. I remember this debate from the Summer when Kevin weighed in and said a battery pull can even be harmful and can damage a BlackBerry. That was enough to get me to rely on resets for the most part. In the end, it comes down to personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 12-23-08 at 11:04 AM.
    12-23-08 11:02 AM
    IMO, nothing replaces the battery pull when having issues...
    12-23-08 11:06 AM
    I've done a soft reset to get a program working or set up an app. It doesn't always work. Battery pull was needed. There must be a difference in the two.
    12-23-08 11:13 AM
    I firmly believe there is Chicklet, i have the quickpull app and use it in between battery pulls, but i have had issues where by device was acting up and a soft-reset did not work. A battery pull however did. I have run into this numerous times on the forums, hence why i believe there is a difference...
    12-23-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD