I did my first battery pull yesterday. After putting battery back in and upon power up I got a white screen with an hour glass spinning. Boy, did I get nervous from everything I have read about the "White Screen of Death"!! I waited anxiously for about 1 or2 minutes , then FINALLY, the Verizon logo appeared and everything is working great!! I love this phone!!

I guess I was just expecting a quicker start up, and the white screen surprised me.

1) Is this "battery pull, power up" sequence I experienced sound about right?

2) Is Alt/ right shift/ delete the same as pulling the battery?

Thank you!!
    07-15-08 12:41 PM
    That's how battery pulls go for me.

Not sure about alt/shift/delete.
    07-15-08 12:42 PM
    I get the same screen after a battery pull. It also makes me nervous, so I usually walk away for a few minutes after putting the battery back in.

Some people will say the alt/shift/delete is the same as a battery pull...others will say its different.

My opinion is they are probably very similar...but the battery pull would be the best way to 'reboot' your BB.
    07-15-08 12:46 PM
    I get the same screen after a battery pull. It also makes me nervous, so I usually walk away for a few minutes after putting the battery back in.

Some people will say the alt/shift/delete is the same as a battery pull...others will say its different.

My opinion is they are probably very similar...but the battery pull would be the best way to 'reboot' your BB.
    i'd have to say that it always seems like it frees up more mem when the battery is psychically(sp?) pulled as opposed to the keyboard combo
    07-15-08 12:49 PM
    I tend to use Alt+Shift+Del. White screen comes and it frees up space for me.
    07-15-08 12:50 PM
    i'd have to say that it always seems like it frees up more mem when the battery is psychically(sp?) pulled as opposed to the keyboard combo
    I agree...
    07-15-08 12:51 PM
    That is the same for me on a battery pull, except mine take like 3 minutes in the white screen with the hour glass, then it finally boots up.
    07-15-08 12:54 PM
    Yes it does that!! Every BB!! I do both things battery pull & alt shift delete.. Must say it does it for both!
    07-15-08 12:56 PM
    I think they are the same. They both free up your memory. I pull the battery around once a week but do the alt shift thing whenever I see the memory getting low.
    Welcome to CB! The best place around.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 01:00 PM
    I think they are the same. They both free up your memory. I pull the battery around once a week but do the alt shift thing whenever I see the memory getting low.
    Welcome to CB! The best place around.
    Happy Crackberring!
    =8')

i think im gonna start doing that so i don't keep disassembling my phone in public
    07-15-08 01:05 PM
    I posted this in another forum, but I haven't gotten a response... When I do the keyboard combo my bb is reverted to the original Vzw theme... Is this a norm?

Would anyone know why it does this?

07-15-08 11:07 PM
    I did my first battery pull yesterday. After putting battery back in and upon power up I got a white screen with an hour glass spinning. Boy, did I get nervous from everything I have read about the "White Screen of Death"!! I waited anxiously for about 1 or2 minutes , then FINALLY, the Verizon logo appeared and everything is working great!! I love this phone!!

I guess I was just expecting a quicker start up, and the white screen surprised me.

1) Is this "battery pull, power up" sequence I experienced sound about right?

2) Is Alt/ right shift/ delete the same as pulling the battery?

Thank you!!

Yes the battery power up is correct and ask for your other question I've never heard of doing this before. I would just stick to the battery pull
    07-15-08 11:17 PM
    xodedexo18: The ALT+Right shift+Delete only works on
    qwerty keyboards.

There is also a small app called SoftReset, which comes
    in very handy on the Pearl
    07-15-08 11:26 PM
    The scenario you describe is normal. The battery pull and alt+right shift+del do pretty much the same thing memory-wise but the battery pull takes the checkered flag due to the sheer mojo factor of the battery pull's cult status. Congratulations. You are now part of an elite society!

Last edited by Count Cracula; 07-16-08 at 12:13 AM.
    07-15-08 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD