Hey so i have a curve 8310 and i have been having some battery problems, and the battery isn't lasting nearly as long as it was 6 months ago when i bought. so does any one have any ideas as to what my problems is, and or what i can do to fix it
    06-26-09 08:17 PM
    My advice would be to learn how to use the standby button on the top of the blackberry. When using this my battery only goes down 5% within in a whole day. Yes, your calls will still come through. Also check to see what applications you have open. If you do not close your applications correctly you will experience your battery losing its charge.
    06-26-09 08:20 PM
    Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:02 PM
    If the tips don't work, I'd think about getting a new battery.. I had my phone for 18 months and my battery life was getting a little worse, which is to be expected a bit. I was having a hard time lasting a full day one one charge, bought the 2600 seidio extended battery, and haven't looked back. One charge lasts me 3 days easily.
    06-26-09 11:40 PM
    k so i checked to see what apps i have running in the background, but how do i turn some of them off?
    06-27-09 01:21 PM
    Well I just used a business card and placed my battery on top then cut the shape out and placed it under it then put it in. The back doesn't get hot/warm anymore, I don't care what people say bout what I did. Also just use the tips on conserving battery power/usage, I did and it works uber great. My stock battery while running Pandora for 7 hours depletes to bout 55 percent, when I have Pandora running and on browser and texting well it depletes to bout 35 percent. I am upgrading to the uber strong battery this week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 02:36 PM
    k so i checked to see what apps i have running in the background, but how do i turn some of them off?
    Menu > Close or the back button. But to ensure they are closed use the Menu > Close option.

Also, there are five that run all the time and you will not be able to close out: Phone, Homescreen, Browser, BBM, and Messages.
    06-27-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD