My phone and battery are almost 2 years old. I used to charge my phone every other night, then went to every night a few months ago. Then all of a sudden, if I talked for more than 5 min my phone would make a "background" buzzing sound then die. It would show a full battery before I made a call, but when it came back on, it would show the "red" empty battery.

Figuring the obvious, I bought a new OEM battery. Charged it up and it did okay for fisrt week or so, but I wasn't talking on it, just SMS, MMS and using apps. And I charged it every night.

Yesterday morning, phone rings, I unplugged it from where it had been charging all night, battery was "full", talked for less than 5 minutes, and it died again. Plugged it back up, got it back on, and it showed the "red" empty battery.

So here is a synopsis:

1)Fully charged battery turns to empty battery within 5 minutes of talking
    2)replaced w/ new OEM battery and made no difference
    3)backlight bright is set at 80
    4)backlight timeout is set to 2 min
    5)I dont use the internet so I am not on my phone a whole lot other than to send/rec SMS, check calendar, or check address book and its not like I am doing that all day long
    6)only drains when talking.
    7)no bluetooth, so it is off

Any suggestions?
    11-26-09 02:05 PM
    My phone and battery are almost 2 years old. I used to charge my phone every other night, then went to every night a few months ago. Then all of a sudden, if I talked for more than 5 min my phone would make a "background" buzzing sound then die. It would show a full battery before I made a call, but when it came back on, it would show the "red" empty battery.

Figuring the obvious, I bought a new OEM battery. Charged it up and it did okay for fisrt week or so, but I wasn't talking on it, just SMS, MMS and using apps. And I charged it every night.

Yesterday morning, phone rings, I unplugged it from where it had been charging all night, battery was "full", talked for less than 5 minutes, and it died again. Plugged it back up, got it back on, and it showed the "red" empty battery.

So here is a synopsis:

1)Fully charged battery turns to empty battery within 5 minutes of talking
    2)replaced w/ new OEM battery and made no difference
    3)backlight bright is set at 80
    4)backlight timeout is set to 2 min
    5)I dont use the internet so I am not on my phone a whole lot other than to send/rec SMS, check calendar, or check address book and its not like I am doing that all day long
    6)only drains when talking.
    7)no bluetooth, so it is off

Any suggestions?
    I don't have a single definitive answer, but you may try a new AC adapter and see if the problem is actually not the battery, I had a very similar issue but we narrowed it down to being a faulty battery, and so T-Mobile is sending a new one.

Since you've already replaced the battery, I'd say the AC adapter is the next possible culprit.
    11-26-09 02:31 PM
    Also, if the BB operates fine while plugged into the charger, it's either a bad battery (again), or there is something wrong with the charging/power management circuit in your BB.
    11-26-09 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies!

I usually charge from the wall, but sometimes I charge from my computer.

My husband has same phone and he has started having similar trouble, although his doesnt die when he is talking on it, he is just charging it more than once a day. When I bought the batteries, I bought for both phones, and neither phone is any better. So I suppose it is possible we both got bad new batteries, but gosh that would be crazy.

The only other thing we have in common is we both have "Bejeweled" on our phones. I didnt add it till this fall, and I did notice it used a lot of power. I dont play it very often now, but I did this week for about 3-4 min and it was the next day my phone died when fully charged.

I am going to remove Bejeweled from my phone and see what happens. Any other suggestions GREATLY APPRECIATED
    11-26-09 04:26 PM
    1 possibility..when you first charge, and then use a rechargeable battery (the OLD ones), you used to have to run it all the way done. The battery has a discharge "memory", and they used to not be useful if you didn't run them all they way down b4 the 1st recharge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 05:04 PM
    I would backup everything and wipe the phone back to factory and see how it does before you reload everything..you did try a different charger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 05:36 PM
    After much thought, I concluded that this battery issue seemed to start when I download "Bejeweled" a few months ago. My husband has the same game and same issues, and I had gotten him a new battery too.

So I figured I had nothing to lose and deleted Bejeweled and now my battery is back to the "charge every other day" status.

Have no idea why Bejeweled would run battery down if not being played, or if it is a coincidence, but either way, my battery is doing good......for now.
    11-30-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD