Right. I had a Storm 9530, which broke after a fall, soo to serve as an "interim" phone until then, I locally purchased a Curve 8320 for 140.00, which is in really good condition as was taken care of really well.

This morning, I wake up, and start talking on the phone, I had about >45% battery remaining, The conversation goes for about 20 or so minutes, and then eventually, *boom*, pure silence.

I plug the adapter in, let it boot back up, and then it tells me it has "Low Battery" and about 10% charge in the battery.

What I'm guessing is that the battery pack itself is a bit old and worn out, and so once it gets to the "lower cells" of the pack, it rapidly discharges, causing this sudden death.

So I suppose I'm looking for a second opinion, I'm hoping its not the phone, as it functions fine, and has not shown any issues, while the battery on the other hand has.

(If so, I'm guessing I'd need to pickup a C-S2 from ShopCrackBerry.com? :P)

(P.S - 16th birthday on the 26th!)
    Last edited by xDAKx; 11-25-09 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Shortened
    11-25-09 11:36 AM

................................ I locally purchased a Curve 8320 for 140.00, which is in really good condition as was taken care of really well.

(Now comes the hard part)

This morning, .................................. I had about >45% battery remaining, The conversation goes for about 20 or so minutes, and then eventually, *boom*, pure silence.

I plug the adapter in, let it boot back up, and then it tells me it has "Low Battery" and about 10% charge in the battery.

What I'm guessing is that the battery pack itself is a bit old and worn out, and so once it gets to the "lower cells" of the pack, it rapidly discharges, causing this sudden death.

So I suppose I'm looking for a second opinion, I'm hoping its not the phone, as it functions fine, and has not shown any issues, while the battery on the other hand has.

(If so, I'm guessing I'd need to pickup a C-S2 from ShopCrackBerry.com? :P)

(P.S - 16th birthday on the 26th!)
    1-When you plugged it in, did it display the charging icon or not?
    2-Did it charge the phone, or did it stay at 10%?
    3-How long did you leave it plugged in?
    4-Is this the first time you've tried to charge the phone?
    5-Is this the first time you've used this charging cord?
    11-25-09 01:32 PM
    1-When you plugged it in, did it display the charging icon or not?
    2-Did it charge the phone, or did it stay at 10%?
    3-How long did you leave it plugged in?
    4-Is this the first time you've tried to charge the phone?
    5-Is this the first time you've used this charging cord?
    1) Yes.
    2) It does charge up to 100%
    3) About 1-2 hours.
    4) I've charged it before, with the same results.
    5) Yes, although it happens while connected to my Mac or on the lead itself.
    11-25-09 02:25 PM
    I would try purchasing a new battery for the phone...sounds like the battery is old and you just need a new one.
    11-25-09 02:51 PM
    I would try purchasing a new battery for the phone...sounds like the battery is old and you just need a new one.
    That's what I was hoping to hear. The phone itself functions just fine, I had a feeling it was just the battery.
    11-25-09 02:58 PM
    yup. It sounds like it's charging, so the battery is likely shot.
    11-25-09 03:21 PM
    Just to update in case anyone else ever has this problem, I called T-Mobile, we ran through a quick check-list and after a few questions and about 20 minutes on hold, They're sending me a replacement C-S2 battery free of charge.

If you have this issue, It's very much so worth it to contact your carrier, As they can assist and possibly replace your faulty/defective battery.
    11-26-09 02:18 PM
    Great info, thanks for posting your resolution!
    11-26-09 11:26 PM
    I was having same problem, new battery made no difference, then after some thought process of what has changed in the past few months and concluded that perhaps "Bejeweled" game app may be causing it, even though I only played it maybe a few minutes once a week, if that often.

Removed Bejeweled and no more battery problems........Have no idea why, but glad my battery seems to last now.
    11-30-09 07:58 AM
    Were you leaving the app open instead of closing with your menu??
    11-30-09 02:18 PM
    its the battery.....
    11-30-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD