**If there are existing threads folks can point me to I'd appreciate it. I'm posting from my phone on location so search capability isn't happening right now**

I'm really unhappy with my battery performance of late. I used to be able to go a couple of days without charging at all. Then twice last week I had to shut my phone off because the battery ran out of juice and now.. Well I went to bed with it at about 75% at 3am...I put it on charge so it was at 100% when I got back up @ 7am and then now as of 3ish pm I'm already back down to 40%! This is n'good. It wasn't like this when I bought it, I don't have a grip of apps on here, and really I've never had to replace a battery in Any cell I've ever owned. I'm very good on batteries historically.

Is this common with these phones?(This is my first BB). Is there something that may have caused my battery to start acting like this??

Any suggestions appreciated.

- Tania

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:57 PM
    Make sure you are closing out of your browser correctly, closing viigo etc,

Are you in a bad coverage area? it could be searching for service,

Make sure you close everything oout correctly is my first guess, there really isnt a reason to leave IM programs open during sleep, or when not in use, and programs like viigo that searches for updates etc.
    12-11-08 06:05 PM
    All that and turn off Wifi if not being used....
    12-11-08 06:08 PM
    All that and turn off Wifi if not being used....
    Assuming the OP hasn't changed her usage of the phone, it doesn't explain why the battery is now performing poorly.
    12-11-08 06:16 PM
    If she is using wifi it does,
    12-11-08 06:21 PM
    TDRock
    I am having the exact same problem.
    I have had my Curve for 17 months and about 6 weeks ago I started losing batter life.
    Before I could use the phone extensively (lots of calls and constantly on the webbrowser) for at least a couple of days before I had to charge it.
    Now if I don't charge it every night by noon my battery is down to 30% even if I havent made any calls.

The wifi and bluetooth are off and I have no apps running.
    And I actually use the phone a lot less now.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-11-08 07:33 PM
    Personally I'd invest in a fresh battery and see if the problem persists.

12-11-08 07:35 PM
    Wouldn't happen to have facebook installed would you?
    12-11-08 07:35 PM
    Most cell phone batteries last me 18 months at most. If they ever got wet or left in a hot car in the summer less. Also in these new high tech batteries a drop can damage them. You know it is damaged by it is puffing a littlwe or if it has a sweet odor to it. They are smaller and more powerful but much more fragile.

12-11-08 08:19 PM
    Thanks much for all the replies. I have to keep WiFi off @ home because my router causes interference at home, so I was agreeing with the poster who said my phone Usage hadn't changed but my battery life suddenly had. And I didn't want to buy a new battery only to have the same thing happen since it has been such a sudden change. However, if Facebook is a battery drainer, then I am guilty as charged. Me lurves Facebook . LOL

12-12-08 12:15 AM
    I had the same problem. Fixed it by removing the battery and cleaning the terminals and remembering to close out all apps when not using them.

12-12-08 12:49 AM
    ^^^ thanks I'll try that. I failed to mention that I just got this phone in May so the batt acting up this soon is not sending me...

12-12-08 01:09 AM
    It might still be a defective one. I think you can get new batteries for around $20, still might not hurt to pick one up. If you still have the problems after swapping it out, worst case you have a spare.
    12-12-08 06:19 AM
    I always recommend having a spare battery handy. You can pick one up here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr

The cost is about $20, plus shipping. Well worth the investment.
    12-12-08 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD