I've had my curve since Dec 2008 and never had a problem with it. Last night, I went to bed with my battery at 55% charge and locked the phone like always. I woke up and went to check my texts but the phone wouldn't do anything. Hit the power button and received a "battery drained, phone shutdown" message. Plugged the phone into my wall charger while I got ready and left the house with about a 50% charge at 9am. By 11:30am, after just 3 bbms, that blasted green 'low battery' light starts flashing! I checked all my apps and nothing had been left running. I'm 6 months outside my warranty with Telus but I still have 1 1/2 years left on my contract. Should I pay the money for a new battery (which is close to $100 apparently) or just garbage this phone and get a new one? Has anyone else had this problem with their curve? It was literally perfect yesterday and then went to **** overnight.
    07-17-10 03:04 PM
    I'd get a new battery. 2 years of use is a lot and no battery lasts forever.
    Where are you seeing a battery for the 83xx for $100? On this site it is $20 USD.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9P-BDgEd
    07-17-10 03:43 PM
    My Curve battery needed to be replaced at 14 months of very heavy usage. 2 years, you definitely need a new one. When they put mine on the tester, they couldn't even get it to read.

If your carrier is Sprint, they replaced mine no questions asked when I took it in to my local corporate store. I'm on WAP, so I don't see your profile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the link, I'll have to see what my carrier charges but I've bookmarked that site for life.

I also just realized what I titled this thread. Whoops.
    07-17-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD