I just got the Curve last week from Sprint and I have to tell you that the battery does not last the day. I talked maybe 20 mins total a day and reciver maybe 10 texts. The OS runs really slow lagging at times. I am not very happy so far with this phone. I had a Pearl through Att and it worked like a gem. I do not get it. Is this how it is or did I get a faulty device?
    I searched the forums and found nothing. Thanks.

Andy
    08-02-08 09:27 PM
    Don't know what to say! I have an 8330 through Sprint as well, and I love it. I normally charge it every night no matter what.

Make sure you are closing the apps correctly. Look at the links in my signature and some battery-life optimization threads.

Also, are you in an area that gets EVDO?
    08-02-08 09:35 PM
    It sounds to me like you may need to get used to using your smartphone a bit. Keep in mind that your phone can become sluggish if you are not shutting down all your applications. Simply pressing the red button will not shut them down, you need to hit menu (button to the left of the trackball) and then hit close. If you hold alt and back (button to the right of trackball) it shows all the programs you are currently running. You may need to perform some memory optimization if you want to increase the speed and performance on your phone. Take a look at the links in my sigs, it will show you how to free up memory. And it will also adress your battery issues, feel free to private msg me if you need help.
    08-02-08 09:35 PM
    Are there certain apps you cannot close. It keeps showing the call log, google talk, and a few others after I closed them. Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
    08-02-08 09:54 PM
    Those are always on.
    08-02-08 09:55 PM
    Shory - thanks a lot for that tip. I am also new to smart phones and I would have torn through my battery with all these open apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 09:59 PM
    Don't know what to say! I have an 8330 through Sprint as well, and I love it. I normally charge it every night no matter what.

Make sure you are closing the apps correctly. Look at the links in my signature and some battery-life optimization threads.

Also, are you in an area that gets EVDO?
    Yes I am in an area that gets EVDO.
    08-02-08 10:00 PM
    Andylene, Having bluethooth enabled will also drain battery thru out the day, I would recommend turn it off if you don't use it. I use my bluetooth headset only when im driving and it seems to help my battery life.
    08-02-08 10:13 PM
    Andylene, Having bluethooth enabled will also drain battery thru out the day, I would recommend turn it off if you don't use it. I use my bluetooth headset only when im driving and it seems to help my battery life.
    I use Manage Connections to choose BT on or off. This is the quickest way I know how.
    08-03-08 12:15 AM
    I had the same problem wit my sCurve when I first got it. Even when I used the standby button a lot and turned the radio off when I'm outta svc area. I purchased the Seidio Extended Battery and life wit my sCurve has been so much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ashantiblack; 08-03-08 at 05:51 PM.
    08-03-08 05:48 PM
    You may have a faulty battery or device, if the above suggestions do not work
    08-03-08 05:50 PM
    I think the battery would last longer than that no matter how many apps you have running.
    08-03-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD