I thought it was just me at first, but after updating my OS to .124 for my 8320, the battery life seems to be a lot shorter than normal. Before the update, I wouldn't need to charge my phone for almost 3 days depending on use, and now it seems it's down to the last bar or so in about a day without much use. Could updating the OS do this? Any possible fixes?
    05-07-09 07:52 PM
    I always do a battery pull after an upgrade and get everything set back up. Remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. Are you closing out applications when done by going to Menu >Close?
    05-07-09 07:54 PM
    I noticed that when I upgraded, but I thought it to be something with my applications installed. I currently use the official from At&t at .110 and I have no problem with it.
    05-07-09 07:55 PM
    Menu >Close?
    I'm not sure I get what you mean here. Going to try the battery pull since it usually does the job.
    05-07-09 08:00 PM
    When done with an application, like something you downloaded and are using for news, social networking, etc. Hit the menu button(button to left of trackball) and scroll down and click "close"...
    05-07-09 08:02 PM
    When done with an application, like something you downloaded and are using for news, social networking, etc. Hit the menu button(button to left of trackball) and scroll down and click "close"...
    Oh, yeah I close the apps when I'm done. I just did the battery pull so I'll see how the battery life holds up for the next couple hours. If there's no significant difference, I'll post an update tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion on the battery pull, I completely forgot about that
    05-07-09 08:06 PM
    No problem, anytime you think your device is not running right or you download a 3rd party application or theme, do what you just did...
    05-07-09 08:10 PM
    Ok, so at first I thought it was back to normal again, but when I woke up in the morning which was about 8-9 hours later (after being fully charged), 2 bars were missing. Usually the first bar would be faded.

I guess the battery pull did not fix the problem. Also I noticed another thing...when I clicked the return button (to "activate" it) I noticed the time on the clock was at 11:04 PM (the time I went to bed) then it changed to 6:02 AM. I believe there is something wrong with the clock also because the day before my alarm never went off which it normally would at 6:05 AM.

Anyone have/had these problems once upgrading from the original OS of the Blackberry Curve 8320 provided by T-Mobile or any other provider? Also, anyone have suggestions on what I can do to try and fix this?
    05-08-09 04:45 PM
    Is it possible to downgrade the OS back to the original? Maybe this would be a better option.
    05-08-09 06:09 PM
    Odd, I did an upgrade to alltel os .127 for the 8330 yesterday and my battery seems to be draining REALLY fast today...I just thought it was me but maybe not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 06:55 PM
    Odd, I did an upgrade to alltel os .127 for the 8330 yesterday and my battery seems to be draining REALLY fast today...I just thought it was me but maybe not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, it's quite strange...if I knew I was going to have all of these problems, I would have left my phone alone and left it with the original OS.
    05-08-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD