I have had my BB curve for a week. It is my first BB and I read online that the curve's battery is supposed to be pretty good. I ran the battery down last night until it reached 10%, charged it all night, took it off the hook this morning around 630/700, and when I checked the battery strength around 1145, it read 90%. I checked one email, wrote a quick email, and other than that, it has sit in my pocket on standby. Is this pretty normal? It seems low to me, but I have no point of reference. Do I have a bad battery?

Thanks!!!!
    06-27-09 11:25 AM
    I have bb curve it has a great battery. When I charge it on the charger that came with it the batery lasts all day. That's with me texting and talking. If I charge it on my car charger the battery charges quick but doesn't last that long.
    06-27-09 11:36 AM
    4.5 hours and only 10% is pretty good. What programs do you have running in the background? Mine normally lasts an entire day with heavy texting, 20 or so emails and a dozen or so phone calls averaging 15 minutes or so and visiting a few sites a few times a day. The one app thats hellped alot is easy standby. Once the screen turns off it automatically oes into standby mode.
    Last edited by wingzfan61; 06-27-09 at 11:43 AM.
    06-27-09 11:38 AM
    I charged on the wall charger. It should last me at least one day, if not more. Just seems like it is running out quickly today. Granted it was off the charger for about 6 hours.

If it does not make it through the day, I know there is a problem. I just wanted some other opinions.
    06-27-09 11:38 AM
    I will have to check out that app. Is that standby any different than just hitting the mute button? I am not sure what apps I have running in the background. How do I find out? like I said, new to BB, trying to catch up.
    06-27-09 11:40 AM
    Yeah the standby app is the same as hitting the mute button, its just extra protection in case you forget to hit the mute button. I run that in conjunction with easy lock to prevent pocket dials and accidental screen turn ons.

To check running apps hit your menu button twice and select switch application and see what apps are running. Post back and Ill tell you which ones are normal and which could be closed out.
    06-27-09 11:48 AM
    Messages, Options, Home Screen, Browser, Calendar, BlackBerry App World, Tasks, Media, BrickBreaker, BlackBerry Messenger, App Store (from Crackberry), Call Log

isn't there an internal key lock app, or do I have to download one?
    06-27-09 12:56 PM
    You can set a convenience key to lock the phone or you can use the apps icon. I hate buttons so I use the auto lock program.

As for apps you can close when your done:
    options, calendar, media, blackberry app world, tasks, brickbreaker, app store and call log.

The rest are default programs that always show in the list. A few of the other apps though will take up some of your battery if running in the background so its good to completely close them out by using the Blackberry menu button and selecting close while in the app.
    06-27-09 01:07 PM
    If I close the calendar, will I still get alerts?
    06-27-09 01:09 PM
    Yeah youll still get them.
    06-27-09 02:02 PM
    Awesome, thanks so much for all of your help.
    06-27-09 02:04 PM
    oh, if I can bug you about one more thing. is placing the BB in that little pocket protector it came with placing the BB in standby?
    06-27-09 02:07 PM
    oh, if I can bug you about one more thing. is placing the BB in that little pocket protector it came with placing the BB in standby?
    Yup, there's a little magnet in there that tells the phone to go into standby
    06-27-09 02:44 PM
    I hate that pouch that came with my crackberry, it will diminish your life of your crackball. (Trackball) Oh yeah that magnet can screw up your screen. I never used that pouch for those reasons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 02:53 PM
    I hate that pouch that came with my crackberry, it will diminish your life of your crackball. (Trackball) Oh yeah that magnet can screw up your screen. I never used that pouch for those reasons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Completely agree. Something about having a magnet that close to a phone like this never sat well with me.
    06-27-09 04:05 PM
    I understand the worry of having a magnet close to the screen, but how does using the pouch hurt the trackball any more than throwing it in your pocket or jacket pocket?
    06-27-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD