So I'm not even going on a week with my new Curve and while I love it, I have to say I'm not that impressed with the battery. It seems that if I charge it up, by the middle of the day or a bit longer, I'm already down 2 bars.

I am making sure I close apps when I am done, I have my screen backlight set at like 60% or 70% and I'm topping it off whenever it needs it and I'm by a charger.

Is this normal battery life? I've just read so many reviews where people say they can go days without charging theirs and yet mine seems to need to be charged daily. =(

Thanks for any input!
    05-10-09 11:54 PM
    And here's an interesting thing. I just charged my BB. All the bars are showing and yet in the phone status it's saying my battery is at 95%

Hmm...
    05-10-09 11:59 PM
    I charge my BB daily as well. I won't push my battery too low, it's not worth it. Always better to top it off with a charger, rather than let it get too low.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 12:12 AM
    Yeah I charge mine nightly. If I'm using it alot or roaming I may throw it on the car charger during the day.

05-11-09 02:08 AM
    searching for a signal takes a lot of the memory up.. also apps that have settings to update themselves do the same.
    bluetooth is another culprit.
    05-11-09 02:13 AM
    Sofa king has a good point there about signals and stuff. Are you in great coverage? I know when I'm at my office it's spoty coverage for cell phones. We call it the fortris of solitude. . Anyways half a day is all I'll get up there but at home if I wanted to, maybe a charge every other day would work.

05-11-09 05:37 AM
    Sofa king has a good point there about signals and stuff. Are you in great coverage? I know when I'm at my office it's spoty coverage for cell phones. We call it the fortris of solitude. . Anyways half a day is all I'll get up there but at home if I wanted to, maybe a charge every other day would work.

I am at home and I get good signal strength here (I have Verizon). I guess maybe part of it is that since it's still so new to me, I'm playing with it a lot and that is probably impacting the battery as well.

Thank you all so much for your input. I am really impressed by the friendliness and willingness to help on these forums! =)
    05-11-09 08:14 AM
    Do you have a complex theme? Change to a very plain, dark one, like Corporate Goth. It helped my battery life a lot.
    05-12-09 12:17 PM
    Speaking as someone who just came from a HTC Touch Pro, be happy your getting as much battery as you are on a smart phone. My Touch Pro would get 4-5 hours on a full charge before dying. I charged that thing 3 times a day at least. I also tried a Treo Pro for a few weeks and got maybe 8 hours on it. With my curve Im getting about 18 hours and usually listening to music for 2-3 of those hours. The Curve definetly has one of the best batteries of any smart phone out there.
    05-12-09 01:17 PM
    I have some bat issues as well..at least I think so anyway..doesnt seem to last as long as my old phone..do the aftermarket 2300mah batts last that much longer? I wouldnt mind spending the money if they did..anyone use one?

JC
    05-12-09 01:37 PM
    I have some bat issues as well..at least I think so anyway..doesnt seem to last as long as my old phone..do the aftermarket 2300mah batts last that much longer? I wouldnt mind spending the money if they did..anyone use one?

JC
    I believe you get about 115% more battery life.
    05-12-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD