Last night when I went to bed, my battery life read "65%" on my Tmobile Curve running OS 4.5 (East Asia version).

When I woke up this morning, it was at 40%.....just sitting there overnight. Is this a possible issue with the OS? Or any suggestions.
    10-21-08 08:00 AM
    Make sure all apps are closed. Not sure about the os. Tmobile released the 4.5 os for the the 8320 maybe it would solve your peoblem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 08:13 AM
    We're you getting messages/emails overnight? If make sure to put the phone on silent and on standby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 08:43 AM
    only had 3 emails when i woke up this morning. So i don't think that would drain the battery 25%
    10-21-08 08:50 AM
    Definitely make sure all of your programs are closed.. Maybe the browser was refreshing all night? But, I personally dont think that drop in battery life is that bad, it was on all night. Were you in an area with bad coverage?

Also, check out a program called autostandby.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/new...standby-46265/

My battery life went up a lot with autostandby. I would never remember to put it on standby myself.
    Last edited by crackcherry; 10-21-08 at 09:22 AM.
    10-21-08 09:16 AM
    When "closing" a program, are you escaping out or are you exiting? Press the ALT and escape key at the same time. A dialog box will appear. Release the escape key. Scroll through the dialog box and the only programs that should show up is: Homescreen, Browser, BlackBerry Messenger, Phone Messages.

If you don't properly close out of all other programs, they will continue to run in the background.
    10-21-08 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD