So I been having the blackberry curve 8310 from AT&T for about 4 days now, I notice that the battery life is poor (or maybe is just my phone), see I do not use data, neither bluetooth, or anything like that, I work on a furniture store and I'm really busy most of the time, so my BB just sits by my desk all the time, in other words i don't touch my phone till i get off from work, by the time I get home around 6:30 the LED light starts flashing saying that its low in battery, I charge that sucker before I go to bed and unplug it right before I go to sleep, thus it is unpluged all night and all day without charging so is this normal for a smart phone like this one? because i had a sony w580i and it would last 3 or 4 days without charging under the same conditions except that i would charge it over night...

Thanks in advance,
    lou
    08-22-08 07:40 PM
    Make sure you are closing out of apps properly (Menu>Close not End or Escape).
    08-22-08 07:43 PM
    08-22-08 07:44 PM
    Do you have a decent signal at your desk? If your phone is searching for a signal, it will kill your battery fast.
    08-22-08 07:55 PM
    Do you have a decent signal at your desk? If your phone is searching for a signal, it will kill your battery fast.
    Yes, I have all bars.
    08-22-08 08:05 PM
    Make sure you are closing out of apps properly (Menu>Close not End or Escape).
    You know what! that might be the reason.
    08-22-08 08:05 PM
    You gotta check out the 101 lesson on optimizing battery life. Remember the BB runs a lot (if not all) apps in the "background", like a desktop PC. So, make sure you "Close" any apps you don't need running.
    You may also have signal strength issues. The device struggling to catch a weak signal can drain the battery in a few hours.

Also, use Standby or power down the device. Do you want the BB to be on while you're sleeping? If not, set the Auto On feature, and turn off the device when you got to sleep. Maybe turn it off when it's in your desk, too.

Good luck & enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by redeye; 08-22-08 at 08:54 PM.
    08-22-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD