After upgrading to OS4.5 on my sprint 8330 my battery wont last a day and I have been using it less. I never had this problem with 4.3
    any help would be great
    02-24-09 07:46 PM
    The only thing I can think of is that there are apps running in the background. My battery life seems a little better since the update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:17 PM
    I second that. Remove unwanted apps and/or make sure you select close when leaving the app. Otherwise they stay running in the background.

02-24-09 08:39 PM
    My 8330 seems to have about the same battery life with OS4.5 as it did with OS4.3

Are you running any new applications that use GPS and data like Trapster?

Have you done a battery pull and checked for memory leaks throughout the day?
    02-24-09 08:41 PM
    I posted this in the new upgrade thread as well, but I guess I'll post here too. My battery will barely last overnight now that I've upgraded! I used to have my curve last for 4-5 days on a charge if I couldn't get to my computer, but now it will barely be alive after sleeping for 8 hours. Even if I do a battery pull before going to bed to make sure no apps are running, my battery bar will still be in the red when I wake up 8 hours later.
    02-25-09 10:29 AM
    What applications are you running on the device?
    02-25-09 10:33 AM
    I remember reading about this problem a little while ago, I remember someone saying that to fix this problem they left their curve on the charger all weekend without using it. Afer they did that they said battery life was back to normal.

02-25-09 10:42 AM
    As long as I don't have any unnecessary programs running, my batt life stays pretty much the same since the upgrade. How old is your batt? May be time to replace it?

02-25-09 10:46 AM
    I noticed the same drainage with my Sprint 8330, but it only lasted maybe two days.

In the meantime, I just had to make sure I put it on standby (by pressing and holding the Mute button) when I wasn't using it and that really helped preserve some battery.

I can only suggest the above and a couple of battery pulls. Hopefully it just sorts itself out in time.

02-25-09 11:27 AM
    My battery life with 4.3 OS sucked but when I went to 4.5 OS it was amazingly long. Everyone has asked about any apps you are running but have you actually done a battery pull, if not try that. If that doesn't help maybe try reinstalling the OS.

Best of luck

Net
    02-25-09 12:04 PM
    The only 3rd party apps I have on my phone are Operamini, Google maps, and Tetris. I've done a battery pull right before going to bed to make sure all the apps are closed, and it still drains unbelievably fast for having ZERO activity, unless I am browsing the internet in my sleep or something. Like I said before, it was prefectly fine BEFORE the upgrade. I don't know if the upgrade did something to my battery? I don't really see how that could be possible
    02-25-09 12:59 PM
    I dont have this issue, battery life is the same with my phone on 4.2 and 4.5 are you closing out all your apps properly? menu>close?

to make sure things are not running when they are not supposed to be hit alt-esc (right of the trackball) the 5 that run are phone, messages, browser, bbm and home screen - anything else is suspect and could be affecting your battery.. just a thought.
    02-25-09 01:03 PM
    hum I may suggest you reinstall the OS. My battery life on an average day ( multiple phone calls of around 45 minutes total and 30-40 text / bb messy daily ) lasts on average 2 days. When I had 4.3 I would be charging every single day.
    It is possible to get a bad install of you OS

Good luck
    Net
    02-25-09 01:13 PM
    Alright, I guess I'll wait one more night and see if it does it again, making sure again that all apps are closed, and if it is basically dead when I wake up again I'll reinstall the OS
    02-25-09 01:15 PM
    Alright, I guess I'll wait one more night and see if it does it again, making sure again that all apps are closed, and if it is basically dead when I wake up again I'll reinstall the OS
    Just checking when you installed the new OS did you do a complete wipe and load ? If not I would strongly suggest doing that using the jl command. That is such a cool little program. If you want a how 2 for that pm me.

Net
    02-25-09 01:46 PM
    Just checking when you installed the new OS did you do a complete wipe and load ? If not I would strongly suggest doing that using the jl command. That is such a cool little program. If you want a how 2 for that pm me.

Net
    Check your mailbox

Courtesy of Crucial Xtreme
    02-25-09 02:01 PM
    mines the same way!! mine will show that i have 3 bars left. i will open up myspace mobile and the phone will shut down. i have to plug it in to get the phone to come back on. i ordered a new battery. ill see if that helps
    02-25-09 07:11 PM
    Check your mailbox

Courtesy of Crucial Xtreme
    Thanks a bunch, I'll see if it works and report back. I used the exact instructions that it says on the sticky at the top of the page when I did it.
    02-25-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD