so ever since I got my curve back in middle-end of november my battery life has been better than any other phone i've ever had in my life. just recently, the past week or so, the battery life has gone so down hill i can't even go a full eight hours of small to limited use without my phone dying or getting down very low. i don't leave apps running. none more than i ever had before, does anyone have any ideas what could cause this? do you think it's just that the battery has gone sour or something else?
    07-31-09 03:55 PM
    Wifi on? Bluetooth on? If neither are on I say you run the battery down til the phone won't turn on anymore and fully charge it. Repeat that a couple times, if not replace the battery. Mines lasts a couple days with heavy usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:06 PM
    8330 doesn't have wifi, so that's not on, and my bluetooth isn't on. i always head that wearing it down to being fully dead too much was bad? mine used to last multiple days with heavy usage also. it's so sad..
    07-31-09 04:12 PM
    Clear The Browser Turn Off Location Turn Off Bluetooth Lower Backlight To 60 or 50 turn it to turn off after 10 seconds

If U Use The Camera Turn The Flash Off It Uses battery For Flash

These are the reasons why i changed from 8330 to Pre
    07-31-09 04:17 PM
    bluetooth is off, blacklight goes off after ten seconds, don't use camera much and if i do i rarely use camera. i said i've barely been using my phone, so it has nothing to do with those things.

my palm had the worst battery life than any of my phones, other that my htc ppc 6800, and that one had a bad battery.
    07-31-09 04:25 PM
    Ok So this is what you Do Drain The Battery ALL THE WAY dead Then Charge It Full This Should Fix The Problem If It Dosent Take The Phone Back Where You Got It And Demand A New Battery
    07-31-09 04:29 PM
    do you cycle your battery every month meaning you should let your phone battery completely die once a month. You might have exposed it to extreme temperatures and might need a new battery
    yeah, not purposely necessarily, but yes that was done about once a month.

Ok So this is what you Do Drain The Battery ALL THE WAY dead Then Charge It Full This Should Fix The Problem If It Dosent Take The Phone Back Where You Got It And Demand A New Battery
    i've done that. because my phone was dying multiple days in a row at work. i don't think they'd be willing to just give me a brand new one. i'd probably have to buy it. the sticker on my battery shows it's "come in contact with water" when it hasn't. they'd probably use that and say that because it's "water damaged" that that's why.

i guess i'll just buy a new battery on payday. atleast that way i'll return to an awesome battery life.
    07-31-09 04:39 PM
    actually the sticker on the battery is red it turns purple or white when it has been in contact with water
    07-31-09 04:46 PM
    actually the sticker on the battery is red it turns purple or white when it has been in contact with water
    i never mentioned what my sticker looked like, i said that the sticker on my battery shows it's come into contact with water. so i'm not sure what your post was getting at.
    07-31-09 04:51 PM
    what color is the sticker of ur battery
    07-31-09 04:52 PM
    theres other posts about this. Other people including myself having the same issue. Started right around the time that BB5 was leaked. My battery life has gone to poo and my BIS service has been a little unreliable at times.
    08-02-09 06:09 AM
    Same issue with my curve 8310, since i got bbm5 battery life went really poor! any solution found?
    08-03-09 02:14 PM
    Clear The Browser Turn Off Location Turn Off Bluetooth Lower Backlight To 60 or 50 turn it to turn off after 10 seconds

If U Use The Camera Turn The Flash Off It Uses battery For Flash

These are the reasons why i changed from 8330 to Pre
    You switched from the 8330 to Pre for battery life? The Pre's battery doesnt even compare to the 8330's
    08-03-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD