Hey guys, I've had my BB for little over a year now and for the last 3 days in a row I keep having an issue. I have an incoming call and answer it, then within a minute of answering the call the phone gets static like the calls breaking and then my phone shuts off. This has happened 3x now and my battery has always had atleast a 3/4 charge. Any ideas of what might be happening?
    02-20-09 11:59 PM
    Your battery is shot and needs to be replaced. The sound (static or muffled) as well as a high percentage of battery life showing on the battery yet the phone dying indicates this. I would suggest someone like amazon.com where you can get an OEM battery for 2 or 3 dollars, if not drop into your local cell store and pay a little more.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-21-09 at 12:29 AM.
    02-21-09 12:27 AM
    battery. Same thing happened to me.
    02-21-09 12:54 AM
    This may not be a battery issue. Cuz if its just happening when your getting phone calls then it may be even worse than that. I may be a phone issue. Take it to your local repair shop and have them test it. If it is indeed a battery, your insurance may cover (I know sprint doesn't) but if it is an actual phone issue, then if you have insurance they will replace the phone. Because to me it sounds like an electrical malfunction. I don't mean to scare you, but before you do anything take it to a repair shop (an authorized shop) and let the professionals handle it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 10:01 AM
    Thremortality is right.. Your battery is shot..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 10:07 AM
    I know this may not be the best of help but you can also buy a cradle that charges the phone and a spare battery at the same time.I love this and means i always have a fully charged spare battery ready to go
    02-21-09 10:10 AM
    Thanks for your help guys, I did a OS update, I was running 4.3 and just updated to 4.5. So far everything seems fine, I'll let you know if failures occur again!
    02-22-09 11:11 AM
    Good to hear, hope it works out for you......
    02-22-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD