I have had my phone since august, and had no problems with the battery dying. I was only using the phone for texting and phone calls. Yesterday I called my provider and got them to add the internet so I could hook up yahoo and msn messenger along with BB messenger. NOW my phone is dying VERY fast. I charged it last night to 65% and went to bed..had it next to me all night..and woke up to it blinking on red. What can I do?
    10-13-09 12:07 PM
    you might still have the web open in the background
    click the alt key hold it down, and click the 'arrow' key.. see if the browser is still open this may be a part of the problem... ?
    10-13-09 12:12 PM
    Do you keep all the apps on all night? They all consume power so the more that are running, the faster your battery drains. And 65% isn't too much, try charging it to 100% whenever possible.

If the battery drains too low it will become damaged very quickly and you'll need a new one.
    10-13-09 12:12 PM
    i just got my curve last week and had this same problem.

i was on the net 1 nite and hit the end call buttton. charged it and went 2 work. i wondered y the hourglass was poppin up all day and my batt was dyin fast. come 2 find out i was on the net til lunch lol. u actually have 2 click on "close" 2 b totally off of the net or else it runs in the background.

10-13-09 12:22 PM
    Nope I closed everything before I went to bed. I have it charging again.

grrr..

anyways.. i hit alt and arrow.. menu came up..english united stated or english United kingdom
    10-13-09 12:24 PM
    That arrow is ENTER. The arrow you need is the curved one beside the trackball.

How often do you let the battery get below 30%?
    10-13-09 12:28 PM
    not often.. I try to keep it charged up
    10-13-09 12:33 PM
    hmm my status on BB messenger was available all night..maybe thats the deal?
    10-13-09 12:39 PM
    No, not that.

There is a possibility it is just a weak battery. You can always get a replacement for cheap, or if it's sill under warranty your carrier can ship you one.
    10-13-09 01:01 PM
    just seems strange how before I downloaded yahoo and msn.. that it was fine..now..its dying quickly

This was a private sale..so imma have to go get one on my own i guess

thanks so much for your helPING ME!

No, not that.

There is a possibility it is just a weak battery. You can always get a replacement for cheap, or if it's sill under warranty your carrier can ship you one.
    10-13-09 01:19 PM
    I would try a new battery. They don't cost much and it's a good way to troubleshoot your phone. Closing apps the correct way will save the battery.
    10-13-09 01:29 PM
    The same thing happened to me, I plugged my phone into my computer at night before bed, and I know I got an unusual amount of emails because I woke up a couple times because of the beeping, but it was still charging, then in the morning I wake up to the flashing light. It was still plugged up to my computer. It charged up fine, and hasn't happened since, but I can't figure out how the battery would have drained while it was plugged up???? Any ideas
    10-14-09 12:02 AM
    On your Yahoo Messenger and MSN messenger, did you download the BlackBerry Versions of the apps? That can make a difference in power consumption.

I downloaded YM through sprint on mine, and it doesn't affect my battery life, even open 24/7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD