If any of you can help me I would so greatly appreciate it! I got my curve 8320 in Nov 08, everything has been fine with it until last Monday the 16th, It just shut off and went black. I called Tmobile and they said it may be my battery, so I went to the Tmobile store the next day and they switched my battery out with another one, put that battery in and it lasted for about 3 min and it turned off again. So I called Tmobile and they said they would send me a new blackberry. Got the new blackberry on Thursday and put the battery in and then again, shut off. So I called them again and they said we'll send you another phone. I thought okay maybe this other battery is dead so I went to the Tmobile store again and got another battery...same thing!!! Died instantly. Got the new blackberry yesterday and put the battery in and...you guessed it..same thing. I updated all the software, desktop software, wiped the handhelds, restored them etc etc...spoke with RIM...I was on the phone for about 2.5 hrs with them trying to figure this out. RIM told me to charge my battery for 3 hours and then see what happens. I did that and once a quarter of the battery is used it shuts off. Tmobile is sending me another blackberry, battery, and charger. Does anyone know what is going on here and what could be the cause of it? I find it hard to believe that three blackberries and two new batteries would be doing this...
    02-24-09 03:57 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    Wow you have been going through trials and tribulations with your curve. I just had an odd thought. How are you charging your BB, through the travel charger? It sounds like the only thing TMo hasn't replaced is the USB cable that hooks to your computer. Could that be it? Or it could be the port you are plugging it into the computer. Just tossing some ideas around here.

It makes me wonder if that could be the problem??? Also, you aren't using Windows 7 as an OS on your computer are you? Some people have had problems with that as well.

That is just an odd thought that I had after reading your post....

Again, welcome to Crackberry and I sincerely hope that you get this resolved

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-24-09 at 04:21 PM.
    02-24-09 04:18 PM
    I charge it in the car, the computer, the wall...it dosen't matter, once i'm at 95% battery life...it dies!!!
    02-24-09 04:21 PM
    As much as you have tried and other than what Jazzi has suggested I am not sure what to offer other than have you tried to charge it elsewhere? A friends house or work or something? Maybe even a different wall outlet than where you are charging it (if that is the case). Silly I know but you have done everything else I can think of.......

EDIT: We posted at the same time, I am a loss. Hope someone else can give you some advice but if you were on the phone with RIM for hours I am not sure what else can be covered.......
    02-24-09 04:22 PM
    LOL Yes I've charged it in my room, my living room, my office, my car....my computer..
    02-24-09 04:23 PM
    Wow! I am so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that I was onto something that could help you. My husband is a software engineer and he is wondering if maybe they are all from the same lot number or something?

I have heard of people having gone through a lot of Curves before and it always makes me nervous.

Especially since it sounds like you got yours around the time I got mine. Maybe some of the other experts on here will have some other ideas.

I wish I could be of more help

~Jazzi~

PS: I'm aiming to get as many posts as Trem LOL

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-24-09 at 04:31 PM.
    02-24-09 04:28 PM
    So, I just got off the phone with RIM and they said it could be the WIFI, that they have seen that somehow the wifi if it is turned on will cause the device to shut down so for me to have it turned off and see if it continues to happen...we'll see!! keep your fingers crossed!
    02-24-09 04:30 PM
    Well best of luck to you. That is quite odd but I guess it makes sense, if your not using WiFi keep it off. I dont have WiFi so I dunno how it works on a blackberry. Hope this idea works for you..
    02-24-09 04:33 PM
    Two sets of crossed fingers here. My husband (software engineer) said that he could see how the WiFi could do that. I don't have WiFi on my 8310.

Please let us know what happens. It will be helpful if we run into someone with the same issues in the future.

~Jazzi~
    02-24-09 04:35 PM
    yea, so that wasn't it....it just shut off...AGAIN!!
    02-24-09 04:35 PM
    Disable the mobile network completely and see if it happens.
    02-24-09 04:37 PM
    Good call papped. I was going to suggest this since they suggested WiFi and that did not work. I was out of ideas and now am officially out them. Good luck I am gone........
    02-24-09 04:38 PM
    Good call papped. I was going to suggest this since they suggested WiFi and that did not work. I was out of ideas and now am officially out them. Good luck I am gone........
    I agree, great idea papped! I'm with Trem on this one though; if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas other than trying to keep track of the lot numbers or something. It may be a bad lot of curves for all we know.

Since you have talked to RIM and gone and picked up new phones and had them sent to you, I have a feeling it isn't a bad lot though.

Good luck and keep us posted,

~Jazzi~
    02-24-09 04:41 PM
    Yeah two phones lowers the chance of a hardware defect (the same type) considerably.

I am leaning to a service/network/account issue of some type.
    02-24-09 04:45 PM
    Yeah two phones lowers the chance of a hardware defect (the same type) considerably.

I am leaning to a service/network/account issue of some type.
    I'm thinking you are probably right. It could depend on the area she lives in too and the service. Although she's been on the phone with RIM and TMo; that doesn't mean anything in my experience anyway. After all, Trem and I were grasping at straws so to speak.

~Jazzi~
    02-24-09 04:49 PM
    OMG, I am so experiencing the same problem....and I also had my phone for almost approximately 2 yrs...T-mobile customer as well with a 8320 curve....when I searched for this problem...and stumbled across bbgirl81...I thought I had wrote it...lol...I'm having the same problem...and I know it's not the battery..because I have a company bb phone and battery works well in that one and is all ways fully charged...What could it be...a instant defect after 2 yrs of usage? Please some one help!
    04-19-10 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD