I just picked up my first Blackberry today, the 8330. I have always neglected my other phones, I toss them around, drop them, they always got broken. They have always been the cheepo buy one get one free that Verizon seems to have whenever it is time to upgrade. Obviously, this time is different and I plan on taking care of the phone (Obviously, or I wouldn't have bought a BB). On to the question:

I usually just throw my phones on the charger when I go to sleep and take it off when I wake up. I never really thought of it, but will this damage the battery/hinder is life period in anyway? Again, I want to treat this thing right haha. What do you guys/gals do with your phones when not used for long periods of time sleeping? Or is it all good to just turn it off, and charge it during the day for a few?
    06-13-08 12:10 AM
    Li-Ion batteries work best if you throw them on a charger whenever you can. Check out wikipedia for more detailed info- Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-13-08 12:19 AM
    I've been using mine quite heavy since I got it so I only get two days out of the battery but i tell ya its some seriously heavy use. Probably like 6-8 hours a day, doing the following: crawling CB and other websites during downtime at work, texting, making short calls, and some general fiddling with other apps. I'm in the habbit from older phones to draining the battery to the low battery warning. But I will charge it up sooner than that if it is getting low and I know I might use it enough to not want the battery to drain to zero. I forget to charge my palm T5 sometimes and go to use it to find out there isn't enough power left to complete the task(s) I need to do and end up having to make due.
    06-13-08 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD