i have the 8330 curve. i bought it from a private owner so i don't have insurance on it. and i'm an ***** and it dropped and fell in some water. i got it out. then when i plug the battery in the red l.e.d. comes on but it wont turn on though. could i take it a part and fix it?? should i junk the phone?? and if its fixable can someone help me with taking it apart?? i havent had it long, and its my first blackberry, so i kinda need things dumbed down a bit. and i need it done as fast as possible... any help will be much appreciated.
    07-16-09 05:40 PM
    Best suggestion I can give is keep the battery out and let it dry for a week or so theb try it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 05:44 PM
    Take the battery out and leave it out! That is one of the most important things to do when water damage occurs to a phone.

If you can, get a Ziploc bag and fill it with dry rice. Place the phone and battery into the bag and leave it sit for 24 hours. The rice will absorb any moisture that is inside the phone.

This may save the phone for now, but be aware that later on down the line it may start experiencing problems due to corrosion.
    07-16-09 05:47 PM
    alright i'll leave the battery and the phone in some rice over night. thanks for the input.
    07-16-09 06:03 PM
    Good luck! I hope it works.
    07-16-09 06:11 PM
    Leaving them both on rice is the best option you got. This worked on my friends Iphone, but it did crap out a couple of months later. Good Luck!
    07-16-09 06:33 PM
    im just kinda worried about the battery and the screen. cause for a second it tried turning on, and the screen itself was all bubbly looking. then it just died again
    07-16-09 07:58 PM
    I dropped mine in a puddle of old water and broken paintballs at work, and was pretty sure it was toast. 12 hours covered in rice later and its good as new! Rice is definitely your best bet.
    07-17-09 01:24 AM
    Had this happen before on my old env phone.. Wind came up and blew my phone from the table into the inground pool.. Thought for sure the phone was done for.. Let it dry out for a few days.. Didn't work.. Tried a different battery from my friends phone, WORKED GREAT! So i just bought a new battery from EBAY for $5 and it worked for about 6 months after that.. Just about a week before I was eligible for an upgrade.. Good Luck
    07-17-09 05:41 AM
    yea.. i decided to just break down and buy a new one sprint sent me a brand new one for $50 so i just did that instead of worrying about it.
    07-20-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD