I know there are tons of trackball threads, I also know there are tons of "how to" threads on cleaning said trackball. I've read them all, looked at the pictures, watched the youtube videos, the whole nine yards.

I'm having the worst day of my young life.

Woke up today and my trackball stopped moving, this has happened many times to me in the past. Normally, I just pop it out, rub it on a hard surface, and it will spin freely again, this time nothing was happening. So I decided to take the plunge, printed up some photos from some "how to" threads, and got to work.

I got the white plus sign looking piece off, then cleaned the 4 small rollers. I put the rollers back in, made sure not to bend the small metal piece, and attempted to replace the white plus sign looking piece, but it refuses to stay in place.

I have tried everything (for hours now) but to no avail. I have a great picture that posted somewhere with the correct positioning to place the white piece back on. It just won't snap into place. I know I have it on correctly, and all the pieces are where they should be, but every time I try to put the component back in place, the white piece falls off into the small hole of my BB.

I know that you can buy a replacement, and that is where my rant will begin.

Someone stole my identity today. I've been on the phone with my bank all day, trying to get it cleared up. All my funds are frozen until I get a new card, which will take up to 5 days. I can't buy a new trackball online because of this, and I can't use most of my phone's apps or view text messages.

Today is also the day that my verizon account became past due, and I cannot make a payment until my new bank card shows up. Therefore, when I spoke to verizon customer service I was told that no one could help me with a replacement phone until my account is back in good standing.

I cannot go five days without the use of my BB. Not like "it will kill me" sarcastically, but it will literally destroy my business.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm so angry and upset right now. Is there some way to scroll on the phone using the keypad?
    01-27-09 04:20 PM
    Wow sorry to hear you're having such a bad day - keep your chin up though. Spacebar serves as page down. Shift+Spacebar is page up. Hope that helps a little bit.
    01-27-09 04:27 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your horrible day! I know you said you've tried and tried to get the pieces to fit in just right... I took my trackball out a few months ago and I had the same problem and got really sad and frustrated - I just left it on the counter for a few hours and then returned to it and I got the pieces in perfectly on that first try. Good luck with your identity theft problem - that has also happened to me!
    01-27-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD