So I downloaded the new app store a few days ago, and, since then, I've noticed my device getting really bad battery life - like it's almost out after a day of just being on and receiving emails. I'm thinking it must be related to something I downloaded because it was such a sudden change before and after - before it would go 3+ days at least before needing a recharge.

Has anyone else noticed this? The 3 apps I downloaded were the app store itself, WorldMate, Where, and Bloomberg. When I check the running apps by doing the alt+back keys I don't see anything running - could something be running in the background that I can't see?
    04-07-09 01:44 AM
    I removed appworld from my BB because it was a memory hog. I lost over 10 MB to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 01:48 AM
    same here im trying out the new update to see if that's it. I've always had worlsmate and had no problem with it. but my delete appworld like rider say. I've notice my memory disappear as well.
    04-07-09 02:15 AM
    After install my battery life has decreased slightly, but I mainly see a major difference in memory leaks. I reboot my device daily in order to regain memory. I would have about 30 MB after a fresh reboot to start my day, and would end up with about 24 MB by the end of the day. Now I tend to be as low as 17 MB by the middle of the day. I find myself having to reboot my device a lot throughout the day in order to regain memory. I have to constantly keep an eye on the status of my memory. 17 MB is too close to the 12 MB where BlackBerry starts deleting info. The only app I've installed with BlackBerry App World is Nobex Radio, which I rarely use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 03:09 AM
    If you don't properly shut down app world, Menu > Close, it will continue to run in the background. My guess its doing a lot of communicating with the home world.
    04-07-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD