Now that I got my Storm, I'm having back up problems with it also. It cannot be autostandby because I don't have that on my Storm. When backing up, it would always stop when it said "messages." I had to do an advanced backup and select everything except messages and it worked fine. I wonder why it wouldn't backup the only 34 messages that I have.
    I also have the same problem, I have an 8330 though. I don't know what autostandby is or even have it on my phone (i don't believe.... i've never seen it before). It does the back up until messages, then it errors. I'm trying to clear all messages in the meantime, but I'm really at a loss. I should note that after 3 months of having my bb, this is my first back up because i don't have a computer right now. I'm a little freaked out if I can't back it up. I'm using the 4.5, could that be the problem? Thank you for any help!
    05-15-09 11:20 AM
    I also have the same problem, I have an 8330 though. I don't know what autostandby is or even have it on my phone (i don't believe.... i've never seen it before). It does the back up until messages, then it errors. I'm trying to clear all messages in the meantime, but I'm really at a loss. I should note that after 3 months of having my bb, this is my first back up because i don't have a computer right now. I'm a little freaked out if I can't back it up. I'm using the 4.5, could that be the problem? Thank you for any help!

5 second update... After clearing messages, backup was successful. I'm just glad it worked!
    05-15-09 11:23 AM
    What I found that works everytime with my 8320 is to open the browser and clear pushed content. I think I found that tip here in the forums. Makes no sense at all, but it works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This worked for me...I was having problems with it stopping at TLS options I tried clearing it but it kept stopping...I cleared the pushed content and it backed up beautifully!

Thanks!
    05-26-09 08:59 AM
    Please help. Same problem, previous solutions tried and still no back up. I have the 8330, no autostandby. Blackberry helped me tether my cell by removing the software that came on the disc provided, then download from uscellular website (would not tether with disc software). I can tether now, but I can not back-up, only in advanced options.
    05-27-09 09:52 PM
    i cleared the "push content" from the bb browser options, and did a memory clean, and it worked!
    05-30-09 10:42 AM
    The solution for me was to set the "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" setting to 'Prompt'. I was getting the error as the DM was trying to back up the profile db and I had ringtones, sound effects and such stored on the media card. Mass Storage mode prevents the BB from accessing the data on the media card so anything associated with a program or db being backed up isn't able to be accessed (hence the error) when you plug in the USB cable. Changing that setting to 'Prompt' allows you to turn on Mass Storage mode when you want to move files to or from the BB or leave it off when you want to run a backup.
    08-25-09 03:26 PM
    I had the same thing on my 8330...I went to the Advanced mode, selected the database (in this case Messages), cleared it, and it backed up with no further issues. Thanks for the suggestion!
    11-13-09 11:22 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD