I have been using BIS to access my work email successfully for a while now (its on a MS exchange server). However, today my work changed the web access login authentication. Instead of the previous unername password in the format:

username: jsmith
    password: *******

it is now:

username: servername\jsmith
    password: ********

I cannot access my email now with the added infor to the username. I've entered all the info in my email account info on my blackberry, but it can't access it. I'm not sure, but it could be from the backslash needed? I don't know.

Any ideas?
    06-25-08 05:15 PM
    If they changed the option to login, its probably now sitting behind a firewall of sorts.

Do they have BES? If yes, why not ask to be added to it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 05:19 PM
    We don't have BES. I will have to talk to my IT guy and see if he knows if anything can be done. But things aren't looking promising. Rather annoying because I use my phone for work emails a lot.
    06-26-08 10:53 AM
    Just a question, wouldn't being added to BES cause you to have to submit to your companies IT policy on your BB? I've been using BIS here but wouldn't mind the full syncing that BES offers, but I don't want any policy or restrictions on my phone.
    06-26-08 11:48 AM
    Just a question, wouldn't being added to BES cause you to have to submit to your companies IT policy on your BB? I've been using BIS here but wouldn't mind the full syncing that BES offers, but I don't want any policy or restrictions on my phone.
    WERD...I'm requesting another Curve from my company for BES. There is NFW I am gonna lock down my personal BB.
    06-26-08 11:57 AM
    I'm so glad my small business IT "department" doesn't know how to set policies...

BES, with all the freedom
    06-26-08 12:49 PM
    I have a similiar issue but at home.
    Just got my blackberry bold last week. Where can I find the backslash when I'm in a web browser. The symbol (\) is no longer there under the symbol key and the "G" letter doesn't give that option either in a web browser. It's there anywhere else. If I can connect to MY WiFi network at home, I should also be able to connect to my private network computers which are also WiFi. Do do that, I need to be able to type in the web browser: \\computername and enter. It works between computers so where is the backslash hidden? I even tried to write somewhere else then "copy" and go back to the browser and "paste" it and I got a message: " Attempting to paste text that is invalid to this field".
    Unless there is a "run" feature somewhere or remote desktop connection which i doubt. I'll try VPN soon and see if I can.
    Last edited by pikabiker; 12-10-08 at 10:45 PM.
    12-10-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD