Hi guys.

The backlight on my 8310 Curve is now ALWAYS on for some reason. As a result, it drains the battery so quickly and I need to cover it when it's on my bedside table overnight as it is so bright. It never used to do this and I have not played with the settings.

I checked anyway and the "Automatic Backlight" command is set to "Off" and "Backlight Timeout" is 10 seconds.

I have tried switching the BB off and back on but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest a fix? It's driving me insane.
    Thanks in advance.
    02-20-08 08:11 PM
    My friend had the same thing. He had to take it back to his carrier and they gave him a new one under a 1 year warranty exchange. I would check into that. If you have turn everything off for the backlighting and it is still on, then there is a issue with the device. Sorry!
    02-20-08 08:14 PM
    Hey, I would try doing a battery pull. That will reset the device and may fix the backlight issue. If that doesnt im sure it would be covered under the manufacturers warranty because it is apparently a defect. Has the unit been damaged, or been in contact with water at all???
    02-20-08 08:15 PM
    Hey, I would try doing a battery pull. That will reset the device and may fix the backlight issue. If that doesnt im sure it would be covered under the manufacturers warranty because it is apparently a defect. Has the unit been damaged, or been in contact with water at all???
    The unit is BRAND NEW! I had my previous Blackberry stolen in December and this is a replacement that I got under insurance. It's only been out of the box for a few weeks!! So no damage or water contact. I will try a battery pull now.
    02-20-08 08:18 PM
    Bingo! The battery pull worked

Thanks all!
    02-20-08 08:24 PM
    let me know how you make out. Hopefully it solves your problem. If not im positive you can get a replacement because it is apparently a manufacturers defect.

***Glad it worked out for you....***
    Last edited by RyanRieb; 02-20-08 at 08:26 PM. Reason: posted before reading reply
    02-20-08 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD