I got another curve because the keyboard won't light up but when i restore my curve i still have to download my themes and apps like the weatherapp and google maps. am i doing something wrong or is this how the blackberry works.
    07-11-08 03:45 AM
    This is pretty common. Everytime I've had to wipe and restore a phone, none of the 3rd party apps were restored, only the databases.
    07-11-08 04:00 AM
    here's how to backup your apps:

- Plug in the device and run Desktop Manager.
    - Click on “Switch Device Wizard.”
    - Click on “Switch Blackberry Devices.”
    - Click “Next.”
    - Select USB: Your Pin.
    - Click “Next” and then enter your password if required.
    - Uncheck “User Data and Settings” and “Include Messages” leaving only “Third Party Applications checked.
    - Click “Next.”
    - When it’s finished backing up the apps, DO NOT click “Next” or “Cancel.” Leave that screen as it is and continue these instructions.
    - Search your computer files/folders for a folder labled with your pin number. Be sure and search in hidden and system files. Easiest way is to open Windows Explorer or My Computer and type in %temp% to find your temp folder with the folder labeled as your pin number.
    - When you find it copy it to another location.
    - Now go back and “Cancel” the Switch Device Wizard. If you cancel the wizard before copying the folder to another location the folder is automatically emptied.
    - Now wipe your device as desired. Your backup is complete.

Restore:
    - When the OS has been loaded back to the device run Application Loader again and click on “Add”
    - Browse to the folder you copied with your PIN. Double click on the file named yourpin.alx.
    - This should add all your 3rd party apps to the apploader.
    - Finish the installation to load them to your BB.
    - Restore your personal data using the restore feature in Desktop Manager Backup/Restore
    07-11-08 04:18 AM
    Thanks a lot it I tried it and it worked.
    07-11-08 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD