I got my phone a few days ago and I am loving it. I was playing around with the software and decided to back up my phone.

When I choose to back up my phone, it makes it all the way to Messages. When it is about half way done it freezes and an error pops up saying that it failed to back up the databases. I have no clue how to fix this. Please help.

Thanks
    -Brandon
    06-14-09 08:31 PM
    Try clearing your browser cache.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 08:33 PM
    Just tried it and it still fails. Are there any settings that would prevent it from transfering th data?
    06-14-09 08:41 PM
    In backup & restore click on advanced and it will scan your BB and show a list.

Scroll through the list and you can choose what to backup and what not to.

You also clear your browser cache and content store.

If the messages aren't of any importance then skip them or delete them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 08:54 PM
    I went through and deleted all of the e-mails and it worked. I do not get why the e-mails would get stuck. I only had 8 of them saved. Among the messages in my 3 email accounts, were the activation confirmation. Hopefully it will work in the future.

I appreciate your quick help!

Edit: What is the content store and what exactly does it erase when you clear it?
    Edit#2: I sent my self some e-mails and was able to back them up too. Weird stuff but im very happy its working. Thanks again.

-Brandon
    Last edited by Bedo; 06-14-09 at 09:13 PM.
    06-14-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD