Hi all,

Been lurking here for a month or two now.

Started out with the Storm. Went through so many issues and phones, that I gave up and switched to the Curve.

Love the device.

Noticed that I have what I first thought were burnt out pixels yesterday. Turns out its likely dust particles. Research shows this is somewhat common. Can anyone confirm this, please?

Also, I am within my 30 days with Verizon. Is this going to be an issue swapping this out? If I do decide to swap it out, how does the back up/restore work? Is it unique to the PIN of the phone? Will I lose the themes and games I downloaded and paid for?

Sorry if this has been posted prior. Help a noob out, please.
    05-05-09 11:49 AM
    It shouldn't be a problem to swap it out.

You can restore a backup from the old phone to the new phone. As far as apps that you paid for, you will probably not be able to restore them on the new phone because they are device specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 12:52 PM
    Right on. Thanks for the feedback.

Verizon CS told me they would reimburse me for any apps that I need to reinstall and pay for.

Should something unexpected occur with the exchange or reimbursement, I'll be sure to follow up. If I dont, you can assume that all went according to plan.

Crack Morris, signing off.
    05-05-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD