Hi.... How do I find the backslash \ symbol on the 8330? Thanks.....
    01-06-09 08:14 PM
    When in a text message that you are composing, or whatver, hit the SYM key, a pop up will display, its the letter G, easiest to get it, just hit G or scroll to it and enter.
    01-06-09 08:23 PM
    The only place I see the \ is when you are in your letter is to hit the sym key and select it from there.
    01-06-09 08:25 PM
    Rachel... Thanks but that is the FORWARD SLASH, isn't it? I am looking for the backward \ slash. Thanks. Be patient. I am new at this. Thanks.
    01-06-09 08:29 PM
    No, thats the \.. you hit the SYM key to pull up a menu,

I know the alt G is the / but the above way will give you the \
    01-06-09 08:31 PM
    The G key has both slashes. Forward slash is alt>g, backslash is sym>g.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 08:38 PM
    When I go to symbols, all I see are the following: {,~,=,%,},&,and $. I still can't get the \ I am loooking for. Sorry...... If you have AIM, I am on COACHSTING
    01-06-09 08:43 PM
    hit the letter g while in that symbol screen.
    01-06-09 08:44 PM
    While in the Symbol Screen I go to the letter G and there is a blue square over it. The square rolls over each letter as I moce the trackball. There is no symbol at all above the letterG. Did my symbol section go awry? I appreciate the help.
    01-06-09 08:50 PM
    Hmmmmm, never heard of this one....
    01-06-09 08:51 PM
    I just got this thing. I seem to recall a whole bunch of symbols when I started using it but all I get now are the ones indicated. I can't see anything other than the ones I indicated and when I roll the trackball around, I get a bunch of letters in squares and a blue square the moves above each letter as I move the trackball. Must be I changed something........?
    01-06-09 08:56 PM
    On mine it's the G for both like stated above.
    The G key has both slashes. Forward slash is alt>g, backslash is sym>g
    01-06-09 08:58 PM
    Honestly I dont know, im hoping someone will come help you that had seen it before, there are alot of helpful knowledgeable people here, Im lost thugh
    01-06-09 08:58 PM
    OK....something new... When I am trying to put in an web site address, I get the few symbols in the symbol section. I just tried to send an e-mail and when I went to the symbols section, I was able to get a whole array of symbols. So how do I get a \ when I am trying to get a web site?
    01-06-09 08:59 PM
    OK....something new... When I am trying to put in an web site address, I get the few symbols in the symbol section. I just tried to send an e-mail and when I went to the symbols section, I was able to get a whole array of symbols. So how do I get a \ when I am trying to get a web site?
    Backslash \ is illegal in URLs - need to use a forward slash, /

Ahhhhh... when I tested this in a URL entry mode, I get the exact symptoms you describe, several symbols with a blue block over the other candidates. If you are trying to enter \ in a website URL, cease and desist! Capitulate to convention and use / LOL!

01-06-09 09:07 PM
    Thank you folks. I have surrendered! Nice to know you are in here for future reference. I appreciate it.
    01-06-09 09:14 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Lotsa great people here!

01-06-09 09:21 PM
    Or you can write it in the text body, highlight, press menu, cut and paste into where you want it. But as was pointed out, do you need a backslash?

But for clarity: When you hit the sym key and you are in a text entry area the symbol box should open. When it is open you select the the letter that corresponds with the symbol you want to use or roll the cursor over to the symbol. When you've memorized the sym and it's letter, all you'll need to do is hit the sym key and the letter and your symbol wll be inserted.

01-06-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD