I have only had my 8330 for a few days. All of the sudden.... If I am in the App screen, when I click on an icon I get the (Move/Hide/Show All/Add Folder/Switch App) menu instead of launching the app. Eventually it times out to the main screen. Pressing the back button pulls up a row of icons that I can scroll through to start an app. I want to go back to being able to launch an app by pressing the ball/button on an icon and using the back button to actually go back. Did I accidentally pick some alternate button mode?
    08-01-08 04:05 PM
    It sounds like your "alt" button is stuck or there's a fritz in it. Have you tried a battery pull? (the first line of defense in most BB issues) - with phone on, pull the battery out, leave out for 30 seconds, then reinsert. It'll power up and reboot.

Try that and see what happens.

While you're waiting the 30 seconds with the battery out, you may want to try mashing the alt button to see if some gunk in stuck in there or something. Maybe even some compressed air (but carefully)
    08-01-08 04:08 PM
    As soon as you mentioned the Alt button I noticed that the alt (up arrow) indicator was in the corner of the screen. I pressed it and everything is fine now. Is there such a thing as an alt-lock? Anyway, thanks!
    08-01-08 04:20 PM
    No worry. Sorry to go off the deep end with battery pulls and whatnot - I assumed you had already smacked the button. Glad it's working.
    08-01-08 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD