So here's the irony of the story, my BSE (protective skins) came in today, and as applying the skins on the phone, it slipped out of my hand and as i was catching it, i caught the phone in the most screwed up way possible where the screen was direct rubbing against my metal watch! And now there is the ugly scratch right by the ear piece. I talked to a couple buddies and they said they would actually change the whole plastic screen, but seeing as i'm not that handy with delicate stuff i was wondering if there was a way to polish it off or even buff it out?
    04-07-08 11:13 PM
    Here is a previous thread to give you a few suggestions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/i-v...-screen-25259/
    04-08-08 12:18 AM
    Besides your story, the subject of your post is pretty funny as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 12:43 AM
    my curve looks like it fell down a flight of concrete steps LOL
    but no screen scratches
    04-08-08 02:37 AM
    awww im sorry i remember my first scratch i forgot my case at home i was at work and kept my bb in a pocket with nothing in it then i got busy and didnt realize i put a book of matches in my pocket and the staple jacked up my screen i was soooooo sad lol
    04-08-08 02:56 AM
    Damm I feel your pain
    04-08-08 03:24 AM
    You can try buffing it out.
    Can use a bit of the stuff that you would use to buff your car.
    04-08-08 05:18 AM
    Would be great if RIM could develop a non-scratch phone.

Sorry to hear you got a scratch......I scratched the side of my phone with the end of the usb charger
    04-08-08 06:24 AM
    Wow the irony of the situation. That stinks I dropped my phone yesterday made me want to cry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 06:31 AM
    The first is always the hardest!!! but so is the second, third, fourth....yeah It doesnt get any easier!!!! =]
    04-08-08 09:38 AM
    Have you put the BSE on the screen yet? They have the amazing ability to mask some small scratches; not immediately, but give it a day or two, and it will definitely diminish if not make the scratch invisible.
    04-08-08 09:44 AM
    Clearly Murphy is alive and well....

That sucks, sorry to hear it.
    04-08-08 09:51 AM
    Yep...I feel your pain too. 1-2 weeks after I got my brand spanking new 8320 curve I got a deep crater-looking-similar-to-the-grand-canyon scratch in the back plate. I was like d*mnit! After that, maybe a month later, I dropped it TWICE....not once, but twice from way high (shoulder height)! A couple of friends and I were having dinner and upon leaving the restaurant my clumsy a$$ friend JuJu (yeah I hope you read this someday!) let the door go on me and slammed (well not slam b/c the door had that closing-pull thingy) right into my hand that was holding my BB. Dude, back plate, battery, and God knows what else went flying in different directions. I wanted to kill him! Ugh!
    Then, less than a week later, I went for lunch (with the same friend mind you) and jumping out of his big a$$ Range Rover I dropped my BB on the asphalt She got all scratched and roughed up. I wanted to cry...but not as much as the night of the rest so I guess I am slowly getting desensitize...hahahahaha.
    Needless to say JuJu is not allowed around my BB no mo!

Edit: As I've had a couple of msgs concerning this deep crater-looking-similar-to-the-grand-canyon scratch I've decided to post pics of the damages....Grand Canyon size I tell you!

It isn't super obvious when you look at it

This is the damage from when it feel on the pavement, couple of scratches on the left of the screen rim and next to the left shift key:

And finally the deep crater-looking-similar-to-the-grand-canyon scratch

Last edited by JoJo78; 04-08-08 at 01:15 PM.
    04-08-08 10:19 AM
    So here's the irony of the story, my BSE (protective skins) came in today, and as applying the skins on the phone, it slipped out of my hand and as i was catching it, i caught the phone in the most screwed up way possible where the screen was direct rubbing against my metal watch! And now there is the ugly scratch right by the ear piece. I talked to a couple buddies and they said they would actually change the whole plastic screen, but seeing as i'm not that handy with delicate stuff i was wondering if there was a way to polish it off or even buff it out?
    Yeah... I remember the first scrath on my belowed BB. I was trying to plug in my phone to charge at night by the light of the BB screen... When it happened. I had scratched the backplate of my curved with the sharp edge of the charger plug. I almost cried... Ironically a week after that my little sister took my phone when I was sleeping and decided to see if it was a touch screen. She used a pushpin for a stylus....
    04-08-08 10:58 AM
    i used brasso to remove scratches from my screen and it actually worked i used a micro fiber cloth to apply it and remove it i saw some guy online that used it on his ipod
    04-08-08 11:07 AM
    See it wouldn't have bothered me as much if it were on the back plate, but since its on the screen its somewhere where i'll always look.

And no I haven't put the BSE on yet, I'm thinking about trying the car polish idea, I read some other posts but no body really gave any feedback for it. So I was wondering if it is ok to use on the BB screen, and if I should be careful on the painted surfaces with it?
    04-08-08 11:11 AM
    Have you put the BSE on the screen yet? They have the amazing ability to mask some small scratches; not immediately, but give it a day or two, and it will definitely diminish if not make the scratch invisible.
    Yeah, bse or invisishield will erase most scratches permanently! Until you take the skin off.

A scratch is a scratch?
    04-08-08 02:52 PM
    You have got to be kidding about these scratches - please tell me you are - a scratch is a scratch as long as the screen works - who cares - its not like its a $40,000 Lincoln that scratched against the garbage can in the gararge!
    04-08-08 03:58 PM
    Someone must still be in "Monday mode."
    We're not kidding about the scratches...we know our BB is not a Lincoln (which sounds like you're speaking from personal experience...watching all your mirrors before you reverse would have avoided that) and unless you got it as gift, we certainly know how much it cost. It is MY (our) phone to cry and rave about it as much as I want...dude, what are you doing here if you have a problem with us obsessing about our phones? Did you miss the title of this forum? CRACKBERRY! There are people in here who's name their phones. Hello!
    So everyone, go ahead and mop, cry, have a heart leap over your beloved BB, be it for a scratch, reset, joy of getting your emails flawlessly, or just being able to apply your lipstick by looking at the screen....that's what this forum is all about!
    04-08-08 04:07 PM
    Ok, I know one day my BB will be trash. I have a habit of breaking delicate electronis. I usually forget it is on my waist or in my pocket. I lean against a wall. next thing I know I hear a crack. A screen is gone. Luckily that has not occured YET with my BB. my pda's have all done it though. The BIG question for me is, IS THERE A PLACE THAT SALES THE BB 8310 BODY? The whole plastic case. So when I do get a scratch I can just by a new body. Actually, I wish someone would make a clear one so I could paint the inside any color I would like. It would be a little more scratch resistant (vissually)
    04-08-08 04:43 PM
    You may want to try Displex. I'm not sure how deep your scratch is but the scratch on my 8310 is about half an inch long and fairly deep. I buffed and polished about 10 times and it would not come off--it took out the smaller scratches but not the big one.

I also applied it to my wife's phone and took out all the tiny scratches on her screen-- it works of small light scratches but not deep ones.
    04-08-08 05:04 PM
    You have got to be kidding about these scratches - please tell me you are - a scratch is a scratch as long as the screen works - who cares - its not like its a $40,000 Lincoln that scratched against the garbage can in the gararge!
    I care about the scratches and take care of my BB.. After all my BB helps me do my work which allows me to buy things..... like a $40,000 car. (not a Lincoln though) LOL
    04-08-08 05:41 PM
    I couldn't have said it better myself. All haters please exit the forum.
    04-08-08 06:11 PM
    Just wanted to make everyone aware - from the date of purchase your Berry has a one year warranty on it. Meaning that if there is a valid issue (within the one year) with the phone you will have a new one shipping out to you the same day -- free of charge. Provided that no moisture has got into the device. (Like turning the little white square under the battery red or battery prongs that are corroded.)

Now say if your keypad light stops functioning correctly or the phone freezes up on you constantly and you have to pull the battery all the time--These are valid reasons for a FREE replacement. Make sure your carrier knows that you have wiped the device clean (which you have done of course) and you are still experiencing the issues. Make sure your carrier knows that you have not put any third party programs on your device.
    04-08-08 06:42 PM
    In response to Rahb about some kind of replacement shell -- You will more than likely never find something like this and if you do I would suggest not purchasing it. It will void the warranty!!!! Your carrier will know you tinkered with the case.
    04-08-08 06:47 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD