I installed this OS last night and it was a fast and flawless install...Windows couldn�t have been more user friendly

Anyways, I have not really noticed any changes other than the attachment app that I read about...I have not used it yet though...I plan to forward a work email with a few attachments to fiddle with. My browser at first appeared to be a little slower than usual but I think that was because of the default Verizon Home Page which I changed.

I also read a few threads about the browser on the BB being terrible, I actually think its quite good...2 days ago, when I ran 4.3, I downloaded and installed Opera Mini but it was just so laggy and it took forever to load pages...

I ALSO WANT TO THANK the Ohio State fan who posted the guide (I forgot his user name but remember the avatar or sig image)...It was helpful and most of all reassuring. I give you tons of credit and praise...even though my Florida Gators took you guys for a recent SEC Championship lol
    09-23-08 10:09 AM
    I love the new browser with the cursor on 4.5 and the fact you can make playlist.

Happy your upgrade went good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 10:12 AM
    Well, I had the same cursor on my previous version as well. 4.3.something

But ya, the browser is fantastic...beats the H, E, double hockey sticks out of browsing the web on my old LG Chocolate lol...
    09-23-08 10:17 AM
    Wow, thats great that the upgrade went well for you!

I am to chicken to do the beta 4.5.... I wish Verizon would come out with an official one already.... starting to think their not going to.
    09-23-08 10:20 AM
    Glad to hear it went very well for you. After trying for several hours last night to get the v4.5 to load to my BB from DM, I called VZW and the tech rep said that they don't support 4.5,only 4.3. I removed the Vendor xml file, but AppLoader still shows 4.3.

If anyone has any ideas, it will be appreciated.

Many thanks.
    09-23-08 10:26 AM
    Did you follow any guide to install 4.5? What exactly went wrong that made you call verizon for help? I can gladly attempt to help you.
    09-23-08 10:40 AM
    I too have the 4.3 on Verizon and just started to go over the sticky link http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-66-a-68466/

Is that what you used?

Scott
    09-23-08 12:41 PM
    I give you tons of credit and praise...even though my Florida Gators took you guys for a recent SEC Championship lol
    I believe that was for a National Title. OSU-Big 10 UF-SEC.

09-23-08 12:52 PM
    If its still saying that you have 4.3 make sure u delete the vendor file and make sure u don't have any other os installed on ur computer,

09-23-08 12:55 PM
    I am new to the BB world and wanting to wait for VZW to release the "official" version, but it is getting hard!

I would really like HTML email and Docs to Go!

Come on VZW!

09-23-08 04:00 PM
    I really don't understand all the excitement about 4.5. I installed multiple of the 4.5 Betas on my 8330 without any problems. I decided I like Empower Pro far better than the 4.5's HTML. The Docs to Go is nice, but frankly, there just isn't enough screen size on a BB to be spending much time looking at full-size documents. In the end, I removed 4.5 and reinstalled 4.3.
    09-23-08 04:12 PM
    I have .55 right now, soon to be .69 (downloading off the site right now) and have had only one issue, which is why I'm upgrading. Other than that, I love 4.5! It is great coming from 4.2.2.170.
    09-23-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD