I'm getting from 1 sec to 13 minutes.
    03-14-09 02:35 PM
    03-14-09 02:36 PM
    Nice post. So I have one other question. I added my work email just for the heck of it thinking it would require BES but was surprised when it added the account and I started getting emails. I have to log into Outlook from the web when I am out of office so I was surprised to get my work emails through BIS.

thanks
    03-14-09 02:50 PM
    Nice post. So I have one other question. I added my work email just for the heck of it thinking it would require BES but was surprised when it added the account and I started getting emails. I have to log into Outlook from the web when I am out of office so I was surprised to get my work emails through BIS.

thanks
    BIS is getting your work emails the same way you are. It's logging into the MS exchange server at your workplace over the web using the email address and password you gave.
    03-14-09 03:27 PM
    BIS is getting your work emails the same way you are. It's logging into the MS exchange server at your workplace over the web using the email address and password you gave.
    So then what does BES do? Sorry for all these newbie questions.

thanks
    03-14-09 05:54 PM
    It can take me as long as 15 minutes at times.
    03-15-09 05:23 AM
    I would say that I usually get all my emails in under a minute. I have only had one occasion where it took all night to receive one. Rarely does it take more than 2 minutes at most.

I like instant gratification! LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 05:31 AM
    i get mail from my gmail account in about 2 minutes or less.. and i get mail from my comcast.net account in about 15 to 20 minutes. can anyone tell me why? i dont mean to be a thread pirate
    03-15-09 03:24 PM
    i get mail from my gmail account in about 2 minutes or less.. and i get mail from my comcast.net account in about 15 to 20 minutes. can anyone tell me why? i dont mean to be a thread pirate
    As explained by Sith_Apprentice here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l-work-152955/

The BIS itself will check for new messages every fifteen minutes by default. If it does find a new message, the message is compressed, and the first 2kb of data is then pushed to the device. For the next fifteen minutes, the BIS will check every three minutes for new mail. If no new mail is found within that second set of fifteen minutes, the server reverts to again checking once every fifteen minutes. As long as the server finds new mail within that time frame, it will continue to check every three minutes. This does not, however, apply to all email accounts. Gmail and Yahoo mail are two notable exceptions to this rule. The BIS remains constantly connected to these services, and will push new email automatically to the device, without the fifteen minute interval.
    03-15-09 03:47 PM
    I get my BIS emails in about 7 seconds flat.
    03-15-09 04:20 PM
    So then what does BES do? Sorry for all these newbie questions.

thanks
    BES will also sync your Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes, and gives you access to the company GAL. I like that I can search the GAL for anyone in the company and get their email, phone #s, and any other published information. I can also set my BB to sync any folder in my mailbox.
    03-15-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD