I have a 8330 with alltel service and BIS, i can create an email with only text and send it without any problems. If i send an email with only a picture and no text (just as a test) it takes about 10 minutes or so to go through, is that normal? the picture is one i took on the phone and is only 494kb, what gives. i tried sending it last night and it failed twice so i did a battery pull this morning and sent it again and although it went through, it took about 10 minutes. Any suggestions or is it something i just have to live with? TIA.
    02-24-09 10:03 AM
    A text e-mail may be very very very small in data size thus it will go very quickly. But a picture that you take with you phone is a lot larger, and depending on your signal strength as to the rate of data transfer.

I know this because at my house i have a very low signal (one bar or less shown) and it takes a long time for the picture e-mails to go out (not 10 minutes but a couple anyway) and then at work i a very close to a cell tower and the same picture e-mail only takes few seconds to send.

Not sure why it is taking 10 minutes, and that does seem like a very long time, but it is possible.
    02-24-09 10:21 AM
    Thanks, i dont send a lot of emails but just wasnt sure if it took a while for them to go through.
    02-24-09 12:00 PM
    BIS- POP3 account that are non google. 15 min polling time.
    02-24-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD