Hello, I am new to the curve and I recently had the palm and the HTC touch. When I type a text or email etc, my old devices would auto suggest some words after typing a few letters. For ex: I would type "an" and the device would suggest "an, and, andy, android" - you get the point. The curve does not allow for that but the pearl does. Is this because I have a full qwerty keyboard? Is there a trick to doing it or can I find an software to purchase?
    Much Appreciated
    JH
    08-01-08 09:26 PM
    Correct, the curve has the full qwerty keyboard and does not support sure type. Except for arabic and russian
    08-01-08 09:33 PM
    DRAT. Hopefully there will be some software out soon.
    08-01-08 10:44 PM
    I seriously doubt it. But there is always the auto-text feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 10:46 PM
    Auto text rocks I have quite a few little txt shortcuts set up.
    08-01-08 10:49 PM
    Hello, I am new to the curve and I recently had the palm and the HTC touch. When I type a text or email etc, my old devices would auto suggest some words after typing a few letters. For ex: I would type "an" and the device would suggest "an, and, andy, android" - you get the point. The curve does not allow for that but the pearl does. Is this because I have a full qwerty keyboard? Is there a trick to doing it or can I find an software to purchase?
    Much Appreciated
    JH

actually whenever i got my 8310 curve outta the box it was configured with auto text (which i dont like) so i turned it off, if u wanna enable it u should go into options-sms text-disable autotext (yes/no)

I've got the 4.2 OS btw, and my carrier is att...hope this helped!
    08-01-08 11:17 PM
    Much Appreciated
    JH

Hey Jean, I know exactly what you mean. I had a Sony Ericsson P1i and I loved the predictive feature, it just made typing so much faster especially since I tend to use the same phrases. Was disappointed to find BB doesn't have anything similar.

Try these two apps :- Quickresponse and Readywords.

Sorry, tried to paste a link but not allowed to until I have 10 posts.

Good luck.
    08-07-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD