I went from EST to Mountain Time and my phone clock did not automatically update! I tried to sync with network time and still there was no change. I had to manually change the time zone which creates some weird things in times with text messages.

How do i get my phone to sync and understand it is in mountain time?!?!
    02-13-10 09:42 PM
    There is supposed to be a new option in OS 5.0 to automatically update time zones. Prior to OS 5.0 you had to do that manually. I have an explanation and tutorial that I wrote and linked in my sig under Time Zone Issues that explains how it works and why.
    02-13-10 09:46 PM
    I am running OS 5.0 and it told me time zones updates are unavailable could this be a verizon issue as they have no dropped an official OS 5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 11:08 PM
    downloaded one of the official versions for my 8900. flew cross country last week with a stop in chicago. was unaware of the auto update until i arrived in boston and the time on my device updated automatically. was pleased and surprised to find this.

the feature is available under "settings," "date/time." there's a drop down next to auto update time zone that allows you to turn it on/off.
    03-07-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD