Ok noob question. I have a 8330 from verizon. Is there an auto text or auto complete on this model? I have it enabled the auto text but it never seems to kick in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 09:00 PM
    Any model with a QWERTY does not have SureType functionality like a Pearl (for example).

If you go into Menu > Options > AutoText, you can add new rules to your liking!!
    06-29-08 09:05 PM
    Ok noob question. I have a 8330 from verizon. Is there an auto text or auto complete on this model? I have it enabled the auto text but it never seems to kick in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you've done the steps that bbmclure listed, try opening a new email or SMS and typing "myver ". Be sure to type the space. Auto text will fill in your version number. That'll show you it's working.
    06-29-08 10:21 PM
    Is there any additional software that can be added that will allow you to auto fill?
    06-30-08 02:32 PM
    Is there any additional software that can be added that will allow you to auto fill?
    Welcome to CrackBerry... and no, not that I have heard of

The included AutoText along with the QWERTY keypad should be adequate. With the ability to type every character needed, I really do not see the use for Auto Complete features. It takes 2 seconds longer to type a message without the auto complete and using QWERTY!! And, you can add your own AutoText rules to your liking!

And, Jeff, that is a cool little AutoText tip!! Nice to know...
    06-30-08 02:34 PM
    If you've done the steps that bbmclure listed, try opening a new email or SMS and typing "myver ". Be sure to type the space. Auto text will fill in your version number. That'll show you it's working.
    I agree Thanks Jeff that is a Cool Function
    06-30-08 02:37 PM
    I think the auto text crap takes more time but like everyone else says add rules in for common words one nice feature though is you phone will pick up words you commonly misspell and automatically created definitions to fix them.
    06-30-08 02:42 PM
    I am a newb also but when I was searching around for software I think I saw a program from Empower called InstaSpell for around 15 bucks. I think it does what you are looking for.
    06-30-08 02:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry... and no, not that I have heard of

The included AutoText along with the QWERTY keypad should be adequate. With the ability to type every character needed, I really do not see the use for Auto Complete features. It takes 2 seconds longer to type a message without the auto complete and using QWERTY!! And, you can add your own AutoText rules to your liking!

And, Jeff, that is a cool little AutoText tip!! Nice to know...
    I've definitely been in the Blackberry thicket too long...what's autocomplete as opposed to autofill?

Bmc: mypin works the same way...
    06-30-08 02:48 PM
    myver=your bb/your version
    mynumber=your phone number
    mypin= your bb pin
    ld= day & date
    lt=time
    sig=whatever you put into the information field under options/owner
    usrid=your name or whatever you put into the name field under options/owner
    06-30-08 03:13 PM
    I find that autotext works great in a message but is it possible to have it used when you want to compose an email? Like a short cut?

for example: my name @abc.com
    i want to type mn and space in the address field, doesn't work....anyone know how to do this?
    11-26-08 04:50 PM
    Sadly, I don't think it's possible. I tried to add common domains to autotext (opto for "optonline.net", ao for "aol.com", etc.) but it doesn't work in the e-mail field because a space just makes an @ or .
    11-27-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD