Anyone found a fix for the most aggrevating auto-dim "feature" for backlighting? Ive seen threads before but wondering if fix avail yet? Soooo tired of having to find a ray of sunlight in my car to see the screen when it goes "dark"...
    02-24-09 02:48 PM
    I dont have an issue with mine though I know someone who did. He just set his auto backlight to OFF then he went to the actual brightness and set it to I think 30. Its not so bright it burns your retinas when looking at it and works well in all lights.... Not a fix but certainly works.....
    02-24-09 02:57 PM
    I saw some earlier thrds as such, and tried it. Lowering brightness works OK but still get auto-dim in my office and in my car. If my eyes were better I wldnt worry about it but...? Hopefully there will be a prgrming fix down the road.
    02-24-09 03:02 PM
    I see. Even with the auto dim feature off it was still auto dimming?
    02-24-09 03:04 PM
    I see. Even with the auto dim feature off it was still auto dimming?
    I would think that turning it off would stop it from doing it? Am I missing something here?

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 03:07 PM
    I would think that turning it off would stop it from doing it? Am I missing something here?

~Jazzi~

Confused as well. When I tested it, it works pretty good actually this way so I suggested it to my friend who has vision problems and he loves it now. I use auto dim with no issues so....... Hope the OP can get it sorted out....
    02-24-09 03:11 PM
    The auto dim backlight feature is supposed to stop your backlight from turning off after you stop using it. Like if your not touching the buttons the screen goes black. But for some reason it doesnt work on 4.5 at all. The screen going lighter and darker is doing it because of the led light in the top corner of your device. It makes it easier to see if it gets brighter when its in the light and goes darker while in the dark. Take your finger and cover it and you will see what I mean. As far as I know there is no way around this other than setting your screen brightness to something lower like 50 or less.
    02-24-09 03:15 PM
    Confused as well. When I tested it, it works pretty good actually this way so I suggested it to my friend who has vision problems and he loves it now. I use auto dim with no issues so....... Hope the OP can get it sorted out....
    Same with me, when I tested it it was fine. However I keep it on because I have no problem seeing. I hope the OP can get it solved as well; I can't imagine how difficult and annoying that would be.........

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 03:16 PM
    The auto dim backlight feature is supposed to stop your backlight from turning off after you stop using it. Like if your not touching the buttons the screen goes black. But for some reason it doesnt work on 4.5 at all. The screen going lighter and darker is doing it because of the led light in the top corner of your device. It makes it easier to see if it gets brighter when its in the light and goes darker while in the dark. Take your finger and cover it and you will see what I mean. As far as I know there is no way around this other than setting your screen brightness to something lower like 50 or less.
    You're confusing auto dim with backlight timeout. Turning auto dim off will prevent the screen from dimming under low light conditions. The timeout can't be turned off, the best you can do is set it for 2 minutes.
    02-24-09 05:00 PM
    oopserdumpkins...your right I am. Nonetheless I have my auto dim off and it still changes in different lighting.
    02-24-09 05:03 PM
    Thanks for info but no successful resol yet. Glad the auto dim vs auto off argument was resol w/o my input (debated on earlier thrds too). Most of the users that say their auto dim works seem not to have an 8330 (alltel), so maybe it's a spec issue? Anyways, I travel a lot and the darn thing always goes dim in the car making it hard for my bad eyes to see, esp in the cradle (hands free). I hope a fix will come eventually. Annoyed but not discouraged...I love my bb!
    03-03-09 01:59 PM
    This is so annoying in the car. Please launch a fix for this!
    03-06-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD