Hey hey,

Look i came from years and years of windows mobile. There was a program called TCPMP that let you amplify the sound output..

The reason I am making this post is because people keep asking about RINGTONE VOLUME. I am satisfied with my ringtone volume.

When i work out, i like my music pounding in my ears. The great thing about the TCPMP program is it allowed you to push the music volume far beyond the system volume.

Is there a program that will push the volume past the built in audio boost function? Even with the audio boost on it is not that loud, even after a reboot, and i would like to use this as my primary mp3 player, and the output thru the 3.5mm jack just isnt loud enough.

Please, dont talk no junk in this thread, just post if you have any ideas/suggestions

p.s., i DONT wanna go thru my entire 2 gigs of music and amplify using audacity
    05-28-08 09:48 AM
    wow, its not loud enough on full blast? what kind of headphones are you using? reason i ask is that i use some that came with my dell xps, kinda like those noise cancelling ones that go in the ear. anyway, i can use my riding mower to cut the grass and hear the music from the berry. i wonder if different headphones would help? i'm not sure of any audio programs for the berry that would let you go beyond the default max.
    05-28-08 02:05 PM
    im using the ones that came in the box. I hate to say no its not loud enough, it isnt even loud enough to cause the headphones to distort. Ill try another another set but i dont think that is the culprit. I just think the signal output thru 3.5 on the berry is pretty weak
    05-28-08 02:21 PM
    hmmm very interesting! i'll look around the net, see if i cant find something.
    05-28-08 02:25 PM
    hmmm very interesting! i'll look around the net, see if i cant find something.
    ok...ive been searching since i got it and havent really found anything
    05-28-08 02:29 PM
    you can go into the media player options and turn on "Audio Boost" that may help i have never tried it but that may help.. just accept the warning and give that a try..
    05-28-08 04:03 PM
    you can go into the media player options and turn on "Audio Boost" that may help i have never tried it but that may help.. just accept the warning and give that a try..

you must not have read the first post
    05-28-08 04:07 PM
    I use a set of standard iPod headphones and like an above poster said, it is so loud that I can not only hear above my lawn mower, I have to actually turn it down. BlackBerry devices are not the same as WinMo devices in regards to behind the scenes tweaks, so I doubt you can accomplish what you are trying to do.

There is also the possibility that your MP3s are encoded improperly and aren't playing at full audio output. It's kind of like the volume variance between different MP3s downloaded for use as a ringtone. Some are really loud, others aren't.

Beyond that is the possibility that you have a hardware fault.

There is finally the chance that there is nothing is wrong, but I can't imagine there not being some circumstance causing this because max volume in the media player is pretty loud.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 05-28-08 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo
    05-28-08 04:29 PM
    thanks...

ill do some more tinkering and report back...thanks guys
    05-28-08 04:31 PM
    in-ear headphones.... you won't be able to hear yourself think.
    05-28-08 10:52 PM
    I have had the 8100, 8820, and 8310. Never a problem with volume while listening to music with headphones. I could never get to full volume unless I wanted a headache.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 11:02 PM
    I use the Sony MDR-EX51LP Fontopia Headphones and max. volume is too loud for my ears.
    05-28-08 11:38 PM
    well, i still havent found anything. another option is that perhaps your phone jack is messed up. is it kinda hard to push the phones in? mine are, and apparantly thats normal. if yours go in easily, that may be a part of the problem. again, you could also just go buy some good in ear headphones, test it out, and if you get the same results take the headphones back. it really is starting to sound like something with the headphone jack though.
    05-29-08 02:18 AM
    wow, thanks for all of the responses. Im going to go pick up some of the radioshack titanium pro35's(the most amazing headphones for under 50 ever) and ill see if that makes a difference. Thanks for all of the help
    05-29-08 08:20 AM
    I was wondering if you ever figured how to get more volume out of the media player. It is too low even with boost
    06-26-08 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD