Does anybody know how I can get streaming audio such as listening to a radio station on the curve. Thanks
    06-04-08 06:50 PM
    I was wondering the same thing...I have seem some java apps that say they do streaming radio but I haven't had the chance to put any jad files since my curve doesn't seem to like them. Even if it is possible I don't think itd be very fast enough. Lag would be an annoyance on streaming radio
    06-04-08 07:21 PM
    Search Button
    06-04-08 09:10 PM
    I was wondering the same thing...I have seem some java apps that say they do streaming radio but I haven't had the chance to put any jad files since my curve doesn't seem to like them. Even if it is possible I don't think itd be very fast enough. Lag would be an annoyance on streaming radio
    Not sure if any of these will work for you, but I have found downloading the jar files to my sd card works whereas the jads don't .
    06-04-08 09:21 PM
    yours did not come with a free XM radio trial?
    06-04-08 09:46 PM
    No I wasn't aware XM or any other services worked on handhelds except media players made specifically for it. It would be nice if shoutcast worked on the BB but it requires winamp. Ill look into this some tonight once I get home.

And Ill try out the jars. I thought they had to be jads. Even some native blackberry apps won't show up in the app loader dialog.
    06-04-08 10:13 PM
    And Ill try out the jars. I thought they had to be jads. Even some native blackberry apps won't show up in the app loader dialog.
    Just so were clear, you don't load these with app loader.
    What you do is save them to your sd card (if you have one)
    go to media > press menu > select explore > navigate to where the file is saved (i usually put it in the root directory, and not a folder) and then press enter. It will start to install from there.

I apologize if you already knew that, I just didn't want to give you partial info.
    06-04-08 10:17 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but i found this link BlackBerry 8310 Search :: radio for the 8310
    06-16-08 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD