I just purchased a new 8320 and I'm a 2 year user of the 8700g and fairly proficient with blackberry. (Tmobile)

I have a situation where when I go home and switch from the Edge network and GSM to the WiFi network at my home (and UMA?). The internet works superfast, but the audio from the earpiece crackles and comes in and out...basically it makes for a horrible conversation.

I'm not familiar with the UMA stuff, but when I turn off the WiFi and go back to Edge the speaker quality clears up. Back to Wifi (UMA) and it goes to he**. I run a Wireless /g 4 port D-Link router and not the Tmo at home thing.

Is my phone trying to make calls over the router or is it potentially a bad phone?

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks
    03-05-08 05:27 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Seems like an unusual problem that might not be easily solved.
    03-05-08 05:39 PM
    Tried the battery pull and reset...but no luck
    03-05-08 06:41 PM
    You should ensure that WMM support is enabled on your router, wireless QOS (Quality of Service). This will give first priority to the calls you are making with your Curve (wireless priority) over activity between the router and wired devices. I did this and it seemed to improve the voice quality of the calls. The TMO router you buy from TMO already has this setup, but it's easy enough to re-prioritize your own router's service. Good luck!
    03-05-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD